Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dying your hair

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Dying your hair

Ok so do you dye your hair? If so which colour do you go for and why?

I recently started dying my hair again (I used to dye it black or super dark blue all the time when I was younger) I'm dying my hair because at the age of 29 I'm going very grey! Which is not a good thing. I've been using Just For Men (not even kidding) to get the grey to go back to brown! Still at least I've got hair right?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

I love dyeing my hair crazy colours. I've been dyeing my hair with more and more frequency since I was in late primary school, to be honest. Nowadays I bleach the tips myself and go any colour of the rainbow. I'm currently pink/blue, but I'm waiting for it to fade out so I can go dark purple/lilac again.

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I dyed my hair blonde for like a month when I was 10 or so and then black for about a year when I was 14ish. I really liked the black

Don't really dye it anymore. Just don't care to. Extra money that I could spend on video games. My hair colour is fine as is.

Blog Entries

No. I cba to shave or cut my hair regularly let alone color it.

Used to do it all the time. Loved having black hair, and really enjoyed having blue and/or purple it in frequently

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I dye my hair a darker red because I like it more than my natural red. One day I will be my own boss and be able to dye it a myriad of colors just like I've always wanted.

I do my own hair because why the hell would I pay $75+ for something I can easily do myself.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Anderson Cooper was able to go grey gracefully, you should, too, Steve.

As for me, I don't ever dye my hair. I keep it extremely short anyway, so it wouldn't even matter, if I wanted.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

AC360s hair is probably that shade of grey/silver, because he colors it that way. I think they call it a blue rinse.

George Clooney might be a better example. We all know he had dark hair, but he went gray w/ class.

The point I was trying to make was that Steve shouldn't feel he HAS TO color his hair.

Edit: Anderson Cooper did have dark hair when he was younger.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Don't hug it out. Fight!

Fight
    Fight
    Fight
    Fight
    Fight
    Fight
    Fight

Okay, fine, don't. Wouldn't be much of a fight anyway. We all know who would win.

I don't dye my hair. But I did use that hair chalk/mascara in high school, somewhat as a joke. My hair is such a mess of cowlicks and double/triple crowns that I usually just wear hats anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    I dye my hair a darker red because I like it more than my natural red. One day I will be my own boss and be able to dye it a myriad of colors just like I've always wanted.

I do my own hair because why the hell would I pay $75+ for something I can easily do myself.
    I cut my own hair, I won't even pay the $15 to have someone do something I can do myself. Though to be fair, I do it better, and I am more convinced every time I hear a horror story of disappointed men getting their hair cut: I don't think stylists are trained how to do men's hair when they're cosmo classes. Though it would be nice to find one that could do a good "man's hairstyle"

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cosmetologists train extensively and their training does include male haircuts; the problem is that there are billions of differing opinions from client to client as to what style looks good on a person, and often times the client themselves cannot accurately communicate the style they want.

However, I have plenty of horror stories to speak of myself, so I can sympathize.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure I'll be greying quite heavily by my mid-late 20's. A few have already sprouted out and my black hair has already begun to dull to a more grey/black anyway. Going grey early also runs heavily in my Mum's side of the family, which makes me happy because going bald early runs in my Dad's, and I know which of those is more preferable.

I expect to have a Matt Halpern thing going on by the time I'm his age.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I dyed my hair jet black in High School and a bit in early adult life because I was dark and spooky AND NOBODY UNDERSTOOD ME!!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

BJ uses Just for Men in his beard. I like a salt and pepper look, but he's greying in patches so it bugs him. I've never colored my hair, and, frankly, I can't wait to go grey.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Cosmetologists train extensively and their training does include male haircuts; the problem is that there are billions of differing opinions from client to client as to what style looks good on a person, and often times the client themselves cannot accurately communicate the style they want.

However, I have plenty of horror stories to speak of myself, so I can sympathize.
    I had a problem back in my hometown where pretty much all the women there got the same kind of layered, thinned out cut, so when I went in with something a bit different my hairdresser at the time would still try and cut it like every one elses. I rarely get my hair cut now as I'm growing it. I only ever get a trim these days.

This one time I had my hair cut here in Aus, the lady thinned it out way more on one said than the other - my next hairdresser laughed at it and she had to take off about 2 inches because it just wasn't going to grow well like that - so I had it chopped off to one length all the way through. Lesson here - when you find a good hairdresser then stick with her, which I will!

I don't think I would be able to cut my own hair though.

As for the original question, yes I dye my hair. I dye it usually about 4 colours a year. Last year it was ginger, red, brown, purple. This year it has been brown, blonde, red. I think I'll keep the red.