Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dying your hair

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I've been using Just For Men (not even kidding) to get the grey to go back to brown! Still at least I've got hair right?
    You are not alone, Steve my friend. I do exactly the same. Just for men job - Dark Brown. I didn't used to mind the greying look but MissH convinced me that it does make me look a little washed out. Now I've started dying it I think it looks much better.

I've had a few baldie work colleagues sneer at this practise. I simply respond by brushing a hand through my thick, dark hair. They however, are left to contemplate which point they need to stop when washing their face.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bubba brother, I'm very glad I'm not alone in this one. I'm a Medium Brown from the looks of it, the dark "black brown" is just a shade too dark for me. Though the silly applicators they come out with are ridiculous. I just get the gloves on and give it a good massaging in to the hair.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I let MissH do it for me the first couple of times as I was scared I was going to melt my head or something. I've got the hang of it now though. It's actually quite therapeutic.

Blog Entries

I color my hair maybe once every 2 or 3 months and I just color it a more vibrant/saturated version of my natural color (auburn).

I won't dare try any other color anymore. And since my hair is already naturally red, the color sticks for much longer than just a month, so it's a win/win.

I haven't had a hair cut in probably a year & a half. I'm way overdue for one. ;_; Usually my sister does it for me, but I think on Saturday I'm gonna get a good trim and maybe have some layers cut in.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I have no plans to dye my hair. I'm going all grey.

This is what I have in mind for retirement.

I plan to while away the hours with metal working and glass blowing, and basically being a miserable curmudgeon.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post

I plan to while away the hours with metal working and glass blowing, and basically being a miserable curmudgeon.
    But I want to be Walt Whitman when I grow up. We can't both be Walt Whitman!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

You have no idea how many times a week he reminds me of these plans

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    I dye my hair a darker red because I like it more than my natural red. One day I will be my own boss and be able to dye it a myriad of colors just like I've always wanted.

I do my own hair because why the hell would I pay $75+ for something I can easily do myself.
    I cut my own hair, I won't even pay the $15 to have someone do something I can do myself. Though to be fair, I do it better, and I am more convinced every time I hear a horror story of disappointed men getting their hair cut: I don't think stylists are trained how to do men's hair when they're cosmo classes. Though it would be nice to find one that could do a good "man's hairstyle"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Cosmetologists train extensively and their training does include male haircuts; the problem is that there are billions of differing opinions from client to client as to what style looks good on a person, and often times the client themselves cannot accurately communicate the style they want.

However, I have plenty of horror stories to speak of myself, so I can sympathize.
    I used to cut my own hair. I had a friend in high school that could give a mean fade, but when we stopped hanging out I started doing it myself. Cut all my friends hair for years after. I still end up fixing mistakes that barbers make. I just had my hair cut at my mother-in-laws salon. My wife is friends with the girl that cut it. I was bored and wanted to try something new, so asked for a short faux-hawk, but she left the top real long and gel'd it. I looked like a kewpie doll. I fixed it the next day, looks good (no "hawk" though").

I had my hair cut in Paris. To make it easy, I told the girl to use a #6 on the sides and trim the top. I was talking with my wife and her sisters (we brought them along), but noticed in my peripheral that she was approaching with a very short clip (like a #1). Before I could get out the "No!", she had buzzed my sideburns on up. She thought #6 meant "6mm". I wasn't angry or upset, in fact, we all got a good laugh out of it, but she was so nervous that she couldn't finish my hair (another girl took over). She kept apologizing, but I assured her that it was completely fine. The French (for the most part) seemed very cold, harsh, and unforgiving. She was probably fearing the "typical" reaction and feared for her job. I gave her a nice tip so that she would know it was ok.

Back when I was "cool" I had my hair bleached copper with the ends bleached bright white/yellow. Tight fade, hair slicked back, I was convinced.

I let a girl dye my hair black once. We went to a "Pimp & Ho" party, only our group switched it up. The girls dressed as pimps and all us guys went as ho's. I wore my friend's moms black corset/brassiere, black leather skirt, and black Dr. Marten's. I was a sexy bitch.

I've got grey in my beard and sideburns, but it blends with my sandy blond hair, so it really isn't noticeable. I don't plan on dying it.
    Last edited by Vasher; 12-06-2014 at 09:06 PM.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post

But I want to be Walt Whitman when I grow up. We can't both be Walt Whitman!
    You're obviously more suited to take the role of continuing his great literary contributions. I'm content to just be a remote, quiet hermit that spends time tinkering with his projects in his workshop and appreciate the quiet piece of nature I've hopefully retired to. I'll continue that part of his legacy.

As far as the beard, that's an option for everyone. Don't Bogart the Beards, man.

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post

You have no idea how many times a week he reminds me of these plans

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My hair is already multi-colored naturally so adding things to it eh, I dunno. I did highlights once and they were pretty red, but the way my hair is just made it turn everything that was darker in my hair really reddish brown basically auburn and then I started to get random streaks of blond. tl;dr I was blond once. ;__;

I've never dyed my hair. It's been a medium brown shade since I was tiny. If I ever do dye it though I might dye it silver or blue or something like that. Not blonde though; I don't wanna sacrifice my intelligence.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I only dyed my hair once because I wanted to be a brighter shade of blond. The best I could do was golden blond. It looked cool for a while and then I just let it go back to normal.

Blog Entries

I go black and never go back.

My hair is naturally jet black so it's kinda hard to dye it a lighter colour without bleaching it. Over the years I've had dark brown, caramel and ash brown, I was always too chicken to try blonde xD

Usually after the first 2 - 3 months I miss my black hair, and usually dye it back. Such a waste >.<