Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: GAME OF THRONES by Telltale Games (It's The Walking Dead but GoT)

There are probably let's plays all over YouTube already if you just want to experience it

I just compared these games to visual novels myself to someone at work. But they're pretty high caliber in that regard. The point and click adventure is a good comparison as well. Just without so much point and click. They usually let you actually walk around and interact with people and things but same basic concept. Minimal puzzles too. Just generally great stories and characters and choices for the story

Some people are disappointed the choices don't always make much of a difference and can be more of a novelty. It's not Mass Effect or anything. But still generally a fantastic experience

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

How much do you get to customize yourself/main character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You don't~ It's a storybook. The main character is already there for you.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Cersei is a gigantic bitch and Ramsay is a total . No surprises there then.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Finished the first episode. Not bad. I like the story and the characters we get to follow. I wish there was a little bit more subtlety in the choices you make at Ironrath (it basically always comes down to ruling by either diplomacy or strength, or sometimes a non-committal option in between), but the King's Landing storyline felt a bit more nuanced in that regard. I really enjoyed the conversation with Cersei, which felt something like a balancing act.

Articles

I agree, King's Landing was definitely the more subtle of the two. On Ironrath, (SPOILER)it's all for nothing as apparently Ramsay does that no matter what you do. The only decision that was slightly, and I do say slightly, nuanced was the justice one.

Also the family is very much the Starks 2.0 which is kinda ehhh to me.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    On Ironrath, (SPOILER)it's all for nothing as apparently Ramsay does that no matter what you do.
    I figured as much. (SPOILER)Would be really cool and impressive if your actions could influence big picture things like that, though, without necessarily resulting in a Game Over if one of your characters die. Imagine the tension of choosing your words if you knew their result could be anything from a complete success to the death of your character. It would be tougher to develop, of course, but it would really capture the essence of ASOIAF.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, the one woman looks exactly like Cat. That's who I thought it was at first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

episode 1I'm really glad it lets you follow various characters like the books and show. My mouth opened in shock after we lost our guy, but considering it's Westeros, I probably should have seen it coming.

I'm looking forward to meeting his brother coming back from Essos.

Who did you make the sentinel? I like Duncan more but I chose Royland because it's the troutheads who get stuff done.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    episode 1Who did you make the sentinel? I like Duncan more but I chose Royland because it's the troutheads who get stuff done.
    (SPOILER)Same. Those guys' rivalry was groanworthy, though. "Hey Duncan what do you think about-" "Um well you made Royland sentinel instead of me so maybe you should ask HIM instead"

Articles

(SPOILER)Yeah it was dumb. I picked Ser Royland too because I felt the "smart guy" was the obvious choice. Duncan tells me it would be a mistake to pick Ser Royland as he would lose his temper... before flipping the smurf out in the Great Hall, saying Ethan is too inexperienced and refusing to even turn up when Ramsay comes to town. Yeah, Ser Royland is the one who can't control his temper you dick.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

(SPOILER) I picked Duncan, royland doesn't show up either.

Argh Ramsey, that little trout. smurf. And cersei, that bitch. Arrrrgh. Playing this made me more angry than the show stuff because it was me in control of the characters. So basically I got stabbed. smurf Ramsey!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

episode 1I'm really glad it lets you follow various characters like the books and show. My mouth opened in shock after we lost our guy, but considering it's Westeros, I probably should have seen it coming.

I'm looking forward to meeting his brother coming back from Essos.

Who did you make the sentinel? I like Duncan more but I chose Royland because it's the troutheads who get stuff done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantz View Post
    episode 1Who did you make the sentinel? I like Duncan more but I chose Royland because it's the troutheads who get stuff done.
    (SPOILER)Same. Those guys' rivalry was groanworthy, though. "Hey Duncan what do you think about-" "Um well you made Royland sentinel instead of me so maybe you should ask HIM instead"
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    (SPOILER)Yeah it was dumb. I picked Ser Royland too because I felt the "smart guy" was the obvious choice. Duncan tells me it would be a mistake to pick Ser Royland as he would lose his temper... before flipping the smurf out in the Great Hall, saying Ethan is too inexperienced and refusing to even turn up when Ramsay comes to town. Yeah, Ser Royland is the one who can't control his temper you dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    (SPOILER) I picked Duncan, royland doesn't show up either.

Argh Ramsey, that little trout. smurf. And cersei, that bitch. Arrrrgh. Playing this made me more angry than the show stuff because it was me in control of the characters. So basically I got stabbed. smurf Ramsey!
    Ah, so just like the GoT TV thread. Do we need to add 'game player' to the labels of 'book reader' and 'series watcher'?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Well this is the thread for the game....

The spoilers are for those who haven't played the episode yet.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I day one bought the crap out of this thing. Wasn't disappointed. The conversation with Cersei and Tyrion was my favorite part.