Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Rin Heartilly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    my god I didn't even know this was a gameplay feature
    this is great

anyway yeah, some emulators are a pain to set up. It's too bad Suikoden 2 isn't on PSN. The first one is.
    The gameplay is very intricate! Completionists and perfectionists will have a great time min/maxing each character (and there are a tonnn of characters lol)

I live in Australia so we don't even have Suikoden 1 on our psn store
    That's actually not a problem. I'm in europe and I've bought like 7 games off of the US PSN store. You just need to make a US PSN account on a new user, then you fill that account with money by buying cash cards online. The stores email you the codes within minutes, and you don't lose a lot of money by doing it. Depending on what games cost in Australia, you might even save money by buying games from the US store, even if the stores that sell the cash card want a tiny bit of money for themselves.

If you use gmail, you don't even need to make an additional email account for it. You can just make another pretend-gmail address that shows up in your regular gmail. All you do is enter whateveryourgmailis+somethingelse@gmail.com when PSN asks for an address and it'll work. You'll get those mails sent to your regular gmail account.

Personally, I just used "+psnus", to keep things simple and easy to remember. I have a "+psnjp" too for access to demos and stuff when they are released in japan. That store is a bit hard to navigate when you can't read japanese, though.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

:monster:

Xenoblade Chronicles mostly.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I got a WiiU partially to play that game, but I can't even find it for sale :/. They better bundle a HD version of it along with XCX.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Xenoblade Chronicles X because it's not out yet and I don't even have a Wii U

Quote Originally Posted by Rez09 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    I'm surprised more companies don't follow in Square's footsteps and make games more readily available for other systems/generations and not just digitally. I know if Square had the Suikoden property, there would have been at LEAST a PSP/PS2 compilation of the PS1 games, probably some remakes of sorts as well
    There actually was a PSP compilation of Suikoden I and II, Konami just decided no one outside of Japan was interested in it.

But the one that bugs me the most came after Valkyria Chronicles 3. And is set in SEGA's Shining universe and plays like a Valkyria game, just all fantasy instead of tanks and guns

Shining Blade
    o_______o

I did not know this product existed.

Now I too wants it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    ^ lol I just had the same experience in the SE announcement thread.

Same as Vyk, Valkyria Chronicles 3 and Shining Blade. I knew Sega was going to make a game like that one day, as soon as I saw the shield and sword troopers in VC2, that the VC battle system would eventually appear in a fantasy. I'm worried now with VC's success on Steam that these games will come out on PC when I'd much rather play them on my Vita or PS4.

I still never played Shining Force III, either :/
    lol I was going to mention a few other things in that thread, but didn't figure it was appropriate to keep derailing it to discuss my Shining obsession and disappointments

I don't know if either of you have actually looked it up or just took my word on its existence, but there is good news. The game is gorgeous. I think it may have been made by a higher level team, similar to the one who worked on the original VC. As the second VC was developed by a lower level team, and VC3 was made by another studio entirely and just licensed and published by SEGA. If anyone is interested, there is a fully translated script, which will undoubtedly be used once patching porgress begins, then all they have to worry about is menus and items and stuff

AND! There's a place called Shining Force Central (which used to be my home before I fell in love with this place), they're a strong dedicated following and have acquired quite a few worthwhile hackers and programmers over the years with the specific goal of patching every unreleased Shining game. They're the reason we finally have more than just a script for SF3 Vol 2 and 3 (and yeah, in case either were unaware, those games are patchable in english now, so if you want to set up a Saturn emulator [which is a pain] feel free to go enjoy them~)

The team is like 80% done with Shining Force Feather for the DS and intends to immediately move onto Shining Blade (I believe? Unless there's another game I'm unaware of)

But on that note, we will be getting Shining Force Feather available in english here shortly (a relative term, it may be like a year, but still)

But yeah, there's most of the info I have. I've spent way too much time following these projects.. lol

Golden Sun 4
    Shining Force 3
    Persona 5
    Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 3
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    Xenoblade Chronicles X because it's not out yet and I don't even have a Wii U
    This too

Those answers seem like cheating :P In that regard, there is a new Mass Effect in the works I'd like, but there's no threat of me not getting it, it's just a matter of waiting :3

Ys: Memories of Calceta is out of my reach, because no patch has been made for it to work on VitaTV in the west yet

Speaking of which, though. I should acquire Ys Seven finally. I can get that off PSN and play it on VitaTV >.> that should be good enough I suppose, for now at any rate

Articles
    Blog Entries

I spent an inordinate amount of time setting up a Saturn emulator a few years ago to no avail. I would hope the community has come further along since then but that's a pretty niche console so who knows. Good to know all three Shining Force III episodes have been patched, though!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Mother 3 and Seiken Densetsu 3. I know I can emulate fan translations but every time I've tried it just doesn't feel right. I want to play them on a console or handheld!

Also some others I haven't had the chance to play since I didn't have the right system at the time of their release:

Mass Effect
    Tales of Symphonia
    Skies of Arcadia

At least the first two are now out on PS3 so I'm going to give them a go once I have time. The Walking Dead Season 2 and Suikoden 2 are taking up my time currently.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I don't know if either of you have actually looked it up or just took my word on its existence, but there is good news. The game is gorgeous. I think it may have been made by a higher level team, similar to the one who worked on the original VC. As the second VC was developed by a lower level team, and VC3 was made by another studio entirely and just licensed and published by SEGA. If anyone is interested, there is a fully translated script, which will undoubtedly be used once patching porgress begins, then all they have to worry about is menus and items and stuff
    I didn't realize a different team made the second VC game, though that may explain part of why I wasn't fond of it like I was the first one. It was anime high school the game, and I just . . . could not take it. Unlike a lot of people I know, I tend to care more about combat systems and exploring in RPGs than stories and characters (dungeon crawling carry over, me thinks. ._.), and I can put up with a lot of inane drivel from the latter as long a game is fun to play -- which VC2 was, sans drop hunting for promotions --, but eventually the my irritation with the entire school crap managed to bore its way into my skull and forced me to drop the game. I haven't touched the third game due to my experience, and low expectations, carrying over from the second, but knowing it's from a different team gives me some hope. Is it worth my time?

AND! There's a place called Shining Force Central (which used to be my home before I fell in love with this place), they're a strong dedicated following and have acquired quite a few worthwhile hackers and programmers over the years with the specific goal of patching every unreleased Shining game. They're the reason we finally have more than just a script for SF3 Vol 2 and 3 (and yeah, in case either were unaware, those games are patchable in english now, so if you want to set up a Saturn emulator [which is a pain] feel free to go enjoy them~)

The team is like 80% done with Shining Force Feather for the DS and intends to immediately move onto Shining Blade (I believe? Unless there's another game I'm unaware of)

But on that note, we will be getting Shining Force Feather available in english here shortly (a relative term, it may be like a year, but still)

But yeah, there's most of the info I have. I've spent way too much time following these projects.. lol
    I'll have to look into Feather now, me thinks. The Shining series is a really interesting one, with a lot of variation between the titles, so I never know what to expect in terms of quality. I think the most recent one I played was Tears, which was . . . interesting. I heard there was a followup to the game we didn't get, which I might be interested in playing. Would you happen to know anything about that one?

Also, in regards to mention of Saturn emulators, Assault Suits Leynos 2 is, like, my holy grail for that console, and I still haven't gotten to spend the quality time with it I've wanted to. T -T

Xenoblade games, and all the 3DS RPGs. All of them.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    Yep, same here.

There was also a game I only ever saw ads for in magazines way back in the day. I think it was on the Saturn, b/c that was one of the few systems I never had. I can't even remember the name of the game, but I vaguely remember it looking like it was sort of side-scrolling action rpg maybe sort of like the Valkyrie games.
    Okay now I have to go dig it up on the nets or it's going to drive me nuts.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    Yep, same here.

There was also a game I only ever saw ads for in magazines way back in the day. I think it was on the Saturn, b/c that was one of the few systems I never had. I can't even remember the name of the game, but I vaguely remember it looking like it was sort of side-scrolling action rpg maybe sort of like the Valkyrie games.
    Was it Princess Crown? It never came over here but it might have been in magazines at the time. It was the spiritual predecessor of Odin Sphere and Muramasa.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    Yep, same here.

Was it Princess Crown? It never came over here but it might have been in magazines at the time. It was the spiritual predecessor of Odin Sphere and Muramasa.
    I think that is it. Looking into it now. Thanks.