Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RPG's you want to play but cant :(

For serious. I've had that game downloaded for years but never fired it up because everyone said it was amazing. So I wanted a legit copy in case I too fell in love then I wasn't a cheat or phony. But it's insane to find in the wild. I may go for this..

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Suikoden II is available on PSN for a whopping SIX DOLLARY-DOOS.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/8/735...ase-date-price
    Finally I can try this game out!

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    PSP only has one set of L & R buttons. And only one analog stick. You can set L and R to either triggers or bumpers depending. Other than that, the buttons are one-to-one. You just wouldn't need to use your right analog stick

The PSP emulator I've used to test-drive games is called PPSSPP. There's probably a couple of them out there, but I can vouche for that one. I'm aware that with one of them, on certain games, there's sound issues. I watched a Lets Play of Cry on YouTube play through Corpse Party with a PSP emulator (he didn't say which one he used), but it had no music. I've never experienced that, but just to let you know it is possible you'll have sound issues. Also I've never played through an entire game on it, so I'm not sure how stable it remains. Like I said, I mostly just test drive them on PC before putting them on my PSP and/or buying them legit (or delete the bad ones and forget they ever existed lol)
    PPSSPP, ok noted thanks Vyk
    Already download it, now I need to buy some PSP game.

Nooo, you don't buy PSP games for an emulator. They are disks, but they're in a container where you can't get the disc out (without ruining it) to put in your computer or anything. You have to find a site that lets you get ROMs or ISOs, or torrent them. For PSP games they're sometimes called CSO (Compressed ISO) and then use those in the emulator. I'm not sure if I can go into much more detail without getting into trouble, because though most gamers use emulators at some point in their life, it's kinda illegal and sort of has to be "officially" frowned upon by anyone helping run the site, or they'll get in trouble for supporting piracy

Nooo, you don't buy PSP games for an emulator. They are disks, but they're in a container where you can't get the disc out (without ruining it) to put in your computer or anything. You have to find a site that lets you get ROMs or ISOs, or torrent them. For PSP games they're sometimes called CSO (Compressed ISO) and then use those in the emulator. I'm not sure if I can go into much more detail without getting into trouble, because though most gamers use emulators at some point in their life, it's kinda illegal and sort of has to be "officially" frowned upon by anyone helping run the site, or they'll get in trouble for supporting piracy
    So basically I can't buy PSP games for PPSSPP emulator, Only can download and play from some CSO PSP game site?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

You need a modified PSP to let you extract the UMD data via USB. Piracy is bad, mmkay?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I'd like to play the port of Final Fantasy IV that just came out on Steam, but my computer doesn't meet the system requirements.

I'd like to try Bravely Default, but don't have a DS (or any video game systems, for that matter).

I want to play Final Fantasy VI, but I've spent so much time editing the script that the effect of the game is now forever lost on me. I feel just a little dead inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    You need a modified PSP to let you extract the UMD data via USB. Piracy is bad, mmkay?
    My entire PSP collection was played before bought :] There used to be fine print in the laws where you were allowed to keep a pirated game for 24 hours. Probably not the case anymore. But piracy has led to me spending a lot of money on the industry. Same with a pretty decent portion of my old PC games in fact

(SPOILER)Though yes, there is a homebrew app you can get to let you rip your PSP games as ISO or CSO and then play them on your computer, and its become insanely easy to hack PSPs these days. You used to have to buy a special kind of battery. But its not necessary anymore. They have flasher and recovery apps these days

But if you go looking for PSP CSOs the websites still call them ISOs

*Shrug* Either way, in the end, the option for games like Valkyria Chronicles 3 will be open. As well as better versions of games that did make it over. With horrible voice acting. The "UnDubs" where people hack the games to have the original Japanese audio that is generally preferred. I tried it with Growlanser, but it didn't actually make the gameplay more enjoyable...
    Last edited by Vyk; 12-10-2014 at 03:45 PM.

The "UnDubs" where people hack the games to have the original Japanese audio that is generally preferred. I tried it with Growlanser, but it didn't actually make the gameplay more enjoyable...
    I have no idea what is being said during anime cut-scenes in that un-dub. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    FFX HD. C'mon Squeenix I'm not getting a PS3 or Vita just for this.
    exact same for me man
    I've always been a guy who bought consoles just because of one game like gameboy for pokemon, ps for final fantasy and tekken back then
    cause I usually play everything on pc but a ps3 is just too expensiv

Boco

I've always wanted to play Shin Megami Tensei if..., Tales of Rebirth, Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner (for the Saturn), and Romancing SaGa 2. These games don't have translation patches that I know of..

Also, Tales of Hearts R, because I don't have a Vita...

I'm sad that I'll never get to experience XI. I didn't have the computing power or free time to do so back in its heyday, and now it's been around so long that I can't see myself ever trying to pick it up - and I'm not even sure what system I would do it on anyway, as I don't have a gaming PC. Considering how beloved it is and how much I enjoyed XIV, it's a shame that I'll never get to properly evaluate its place in FF history.

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

I think 11 made it to Xbox 360 and was released on PS2 with peripheral requirements like their external hard drive. So those options are available

Quote Originally Posted by Rez09 View Post
    The "UnDubs" where people hack the games to have the original Japanese audio that is generally preferred. I tried it with Growlanser, but it didn't actually make the gameplay more enjoyable...
    I have no idea what is being said during anime cut-scenes in that un-dub. ._.
    I honestly don't remember those... That would kinda ruin the game... I no longer have that game, but are there options for subtitles? Seems kinda dumb for the undubber to change everything, now. I thought they mostly just changed conversation and battle dialogue

Now I have to wonder about the Tales of Eternia undub I got

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    But I don't have PSP, I want to at least buy their game to support them, but knowing that I can't play PSP game in PPSSPP emulator.

My entire PSP collection was played before bought :] There used to be fine print in the laws where you were allowed to keep a pirated game for 24 hours. Probably not the case anymore. But piracy has led to me spending a lot of money on the industry. Same with a pretty decent portion of my old PC games in fact

(SPOILER)Though yes, there is a homebrew app you can get to let you rip your PSP games as ISO or CSO and then play them on your computer, and its become insanely easy to hack PSPs these days. You used to have to buy a special kind of battery. But its not necessary anymore. They have flasher and recovery apps these days

But if you go looking for PSP CSOs the websites still call them ISOs

*Shrug* Either way, in the end, the option for games like Valkyria Chronicles 3 will be open. As well as better versions of games that did make it over. With horrible voice acting. The "UnDubs" where people hack the games to have the original Japanese audio that is generally preferred. I tried it with Growlanser, but it didn't actually make the gameplay more enjoyable...
    I have found some of the PSP CSO sites, but I don't know if they offer the real game or just some fake things.

Might be best not to worry about it then. I wouldn't want you to end up getting a virus just trying to acquire a couple PSP games