Thread: secret of evermore

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Default secret of evermore

no playing on or around the sacred dog statue.

favorite alchemy formulas? preferred part of the game? using something other than a 3:99 laser lance? let's talk about this hidden gem.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

For whatever reason, this game always stands out when I'm feeling nostalgic for the SNES era Squaresoft. I know it's a little thin compared to other straight RPG offerings, but I still love the game. I love the dog, although it can be a pain sometimes trying to get him to do what you want (the AI is wonky sometimes).

I can't remember my favorite alchemy. I think you get it around the time of the market. Perhaps in the desert? In any case, I use the alchemy pretty heavily, so most everything gets used.

I need to revisit this game. I've never really given it a fair chance. The coop rom hack would be an interesting way to go

I got stuck on Antiqua, because I didn't get that they wanted me to jump across the river with the dog. The player is not offered any clue that this is possible by the game. :angry:

FFXIV Character

Watching the dog jump across the lily pads during the Antiqua prologue didn't give you any ideas?

I don't remember that part. ???

FFXIV Character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbRg5_KouJU

Wasn't the prologue, my mistake. Right before going into the godforsaken desert.

(watches video)

I guess it just wasn't enough of an indicator for me. To be fair, the two events are somewhat spread out from each other...it might have been days between them, back when I had things like school and homework and a bedtime.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I did a review on it a few months back. I found it pretty underwhelming to be honest.

I have very fond memories of this game, but I have found it difficult to revisit. The main thing that always gets me is continually having to wait out stamina refresh after every single swing. I don't remember being annoyed by that at all when I originally played through the game, but it has really made it difficult to get back into these days. What do you guys think?

As an aside, I really wish I still had the official strategy guide for this game. I remember it being akin to the excellent Earthbound strategy guide, which is written to be more like a guided tour and companion reading material throughout the game. Great stuff!

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post
    I have very fond memories of this game, but I have found it difficult to revisit. The main thing that always gets me is continually having to wait out stamina refresh after every single swing. I don't remember being annoyed by that at all when I originally played through the game, but it has really made it difficult to get back into these days. What do you guys think?

As an aside, I really wish I still had the official strategy guide for this game. I remember it being akin to the excellent Earthbound strategy guide, which is written to be more like a guided tour and companion reading material throughout the game. Great stuff!
    Yes, same here on both accounts. Fondly remembered, but it is a lot harder to replay now, given the relatively slow combat. I still like the game, but it's not quite the same. Definitely a nostalgia game.

And it was a fantastic strategy guide. I might still have it somewhere. It was one of those guides you could enjoy reading through even when not playing the game. It was a good era for guides.