Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    DS9 and TNG are about equally great.

but

goddamn the guys who play Garak and Gul Dukat are amazing. Also Odo.
    And that's what, to me anyway, sets DS9 apart from the others. The supporting cast, the bad guys and middle guys are all well written and get a ton of development throughout the series. Some of the best acting from any Star Trek came from those extra guys in DS9, which was what made the show deep and compelling and brilliant.

Also, I'm sorry V22, of course we'll add sir Burton to the short list of TNG standouts.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I'm not sure if I can pick a favorite actor from DS9. They're all so brilliant. I do have a soft spot for Rene Auberjonois, aka Odo. Because he brought us this:

(close your eyes and imagine Odo singing this)

Articles
    Blog Entries

To anyone who tried to give DS9 a shot and then sort of stopped: the first couple of seasons are slow-ish, so especially if you're jumping in directly after finishing TNG it's going to pale in comparison. I promise that it gets better and that it will grow on you. Right around the time you hit season three or four things just start CRACKING.
    Which seems to be the case for pretty much every Star Trek after TOS. TNG had the same slow start with only a couple of good episodes in the first two seasons before it started taking off in season three. Even Enterprise started to come into their own by season four, but then it got cancelled. Interesting how it always seem to come to the same two numbers.

My mom loved this show back in the day and never missed a beat. I never had much of a desire to sit down and watch it. Maybe when I have nothing else I want to stream on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    To anyone who tried to give DS9 a shot and then sort of stopped: the first couple of seasons are slow-ish, so especially if you're jumping in directly after finishing TNG it's going to pale in comparison. I promise that it gets better and that it will grow on you. Right around the time you hit season three or four things just start CRACKING.
    Which seems to be the case for pretty much every Star Trek after TOS. TNG had the same slow start with only a couple of good episodes in the first two seasons before it started taking off in season three. Even Enterprise started to come into their own by season four, but then it got cancelled. Interesting how it always seem to come to the same two numbers.

My mom loved this show back in the day and never missed a beat. I never had much of a desire to sit down and watch it. Maybe when I have nothing else I want to stream on Netflix.
    As a pretty big fan of TNG from the old days, and not having watched them in years, I can totally agree with this. I tried restarting the series on Netflix recently, and had to watch episodes in 15 - 20 minute bits when sitting down to a meal, before I moved on to more entertaining things. The beginning is interesting and sometimes entertaining, but not at all very engaging or gripping or anything