Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No more Tolkien films after The Battle of the Five Armies, says Peter Jackson

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Lucas wrote out 50% of Sebastian Shaw's scenes in the movie.

Think about that for a few seconds, team.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Probably for the best that there's no Silmarillion movie since it should technically start with a big ol' screen of nothing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Shame. The Hobbit movies weren't as good as the original trilogy, but I still got enjoyment out of them. Looking forward to Battle of the Five Armies next week.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

To be fair, while the Silmarillion as a whole would be difficult to turn into a movie, there are certainly stories within it that are convertable. The tale of Beren and Luthien would be one, perhaps Turin's tale as well. Of the entire Silmarillion, those two are the most detailed and fleshed out. Personally, I wouldn't be against some adaptation of parts of the Silmarillion, if only because I want to see Fingolfin vs Morgoth with all the glory and epic music that that part of the book deserves.

FFXIV Character

Kai Windflower (Sargatanas)

I loved the original Lord of The Rings, but The Hobbit simply doesn't have that great of a premise to make 3 individual 3 hour movies out of them. =( I'm off to see the third and final one in just over an hour. I'll restrain my full opinion until I have witnessed the conclusion. So far, the only scene I really liked was Gollum, but even that seemed a little contrived. Also...they made him look waaaaay too much like Andy Serkis this time around.

FFXIV Character

Kai Windflower (Sargatanas)

Surprisingly, I actually quite enjoyed the third film. Say what you want about Peter Jackson, he definitely knows what he is doing when it comes to action and battle scenes. The Hobbit as a series I'd give 7/10. The original trilogy I'd award full marks 10/10, even if Elijah Wood was a little miscast. =)