Page 1 of 65 1234567112151 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII: Moments

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default Final Fantasy VII: Moments

Happy 15th birthday EoFF! With the help of a few fantastic people, I've got you a present. And here it is.

Preface

Final Fantasy VII is a game full of incredible moments. Some of these are very, very well known. Many people remember, for example, Sephiroth standing in the middle of a burning village. You’ll also likely recall him later on, piercing a certain someone’s body to the dismay of millions around the world.

But do you remember all the little things? Many people would have unwittingly skipped right past a couple of scenes featuring Johnny. I dare say some of you might not even know who Johnny is! Or perhaps you might not recall the finer details of how Barret lost his right hand. The famous moments have been drawn time and time again—and rightfully so—but it is the complete story, full of small moments as well as the big ones, that really makes this game great.

When the wonderful staff I work with at Eyes on Final Fantasy asked what we should do for our 15th anniversary, a few ideas were tossed around and I mentioned that we could get our much-loved artists the DeviantArt group involved. After mentioning examples of what we could do, the idea of a complete Final Fantasy story—told through artwork—sprang to mind. I never expected anything this big.

The original plan was to get about 60 artists involved initially, knowing that some would have to cancel as is the way with people who have busy lives. I put together a list of 180 moments in the game, thinking I may as well start high because then if I get around half that, it’s still a huge project. In the end, over 100 artists created over 200 works of art, and I am—a week before this project is due to be released—still getting more art in, and still getting artists asking if they can do something. I’m having to come up with more and more ideas on what to draw!

After this page, you will stumble into an unprecedented gallery of artwork created by fans out of nothing but love of Final Fantasy VII, the Final Fantasy series as a whole and—of course—the love of art. On each page you will see their name (real or nickname), their DeviantArt account and their country of residence (some countries were undisclosed out of artist preference). The DeviantArt name is also a link to their DeviantArt page, I encourage you to click them!

Name - DeviantArt Account Link - Country of Residence

Beneath their credit information you will find text provided by the artist, and in their own native language. This may annoy some, but in the end Final Fantasy VII is a game loved around the world, and this is our way of showing off just how global that love really is. In some cases the text will be a quote from the game, in some cases an invented quote. More often, it will be their thoughts or feelings on the moment they have created in art form.

Every work of art seen in this document was created from scratch for this project. Everything is new. I personally can not thank the artists enough—each and every one of them has taken the time to do something for nothing in return, sometimes spending months working for it. I couldn’t be more proud of them or their artwork.

- Daniel Towns / Loony BoB, owner of Eyes on Final Fantasy
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

This video is the entirety of my knowledge of the Final Fantasy series, as I have not played Final Fantasy.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Here's some music to keep you guys in the right mood while I alert all the people I can to this project being revealed.

...and before you ask about the next post: This is a global project. Big time. So expect some out-of-the-ordinary text.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh gawd it's happened IT'S HAPPENING

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Nariko - Narikusha - Russia

Я на самом деле не играли FFVII еще! Я смотрела фильм по FFVII~ и немного представляю что там происходит Захватывающий фильм. Интересная история Клауда

Я играла только в FFXIII часть, и прошла ее всю (Играя на ПК с отключением игры каждые 10 минут по непонятным мне причинам). Мне игра очень понравилась. Игра очень красочная и очень затягивает. Она очень интересная. Хочу поиграть в остальные части на приставках, если будет такая возможность. Вот такое мое мнение об этой игре в целом.

Когда я только начала играть в FFXIII , было очень много эмоций. Это связано с реалистичной графикой, которая очень заинтересовала. Также притягивали различные осты.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Right, enough of the prelude. We've gotta start this game. Man, it's been at least a couple of years since I played Final Fantasy VII.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Vanessa - x-Memoire-x - Germany

Ich fand die Szene war schon für damalige Verhältnisse einfach super gemacht. Die Macher von FFVII hatten ein super Gespür fesselnde Atmosphäre, v.a. hier im Intro: Ohne ein einziges Wort setzen sie Aerith passend in Szene. Man sah diese übergroße trostlose Stadt, voller Mechanik und Co. und dazwischen ein kleines Blumenmädchen...irgendwie verloren, aber trotzdem ein Hoffnungsschimmer.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

10ki - 10ki - Singapore

That amount of air pollution can't be good for anyone's lungs.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh wow, those look gorgeous

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Sabina Sznura - Asaiba - Poland

Scena najbardziej popularna dla naszego bohatera Clouda. Strasznie mi się podobała scena jak cloud wyskakiwał z pociągu. Śmieszne jest to że w Ps1 miałam wyobrażenie że wyskakiwał z takim wspaniałym stylem, mimo że tak w ogóle nie było. Dopiero w ulepszonych wersji reklamowej na ps3 przedstawili to tak jak sobie to wyobrażałam (pewnie każdy miał tak samo).

Yay its finally here!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Ooo I like that ones style

Blog Entries

Grin

I agreed with 10ki, too much pollution is not healthy for all humans and creatures. I find myself in great wonder how the people living in Midgar are still alive, probably with Materias of course.

Anyway, yes! This project is finally here in the opening! Oh yeah! I'm bringing in the popcorn and coffee and going to enjoy this!
    Harmony and Distortion coexist together to support every creature and landscape in the world, including the forces of good and evil. That is how the world keeps on living with a strong balanced composition.
    ~Amanda's Juxtaposition Theroy

Sudden Reaction when both Amanda and Dragonite
    see a romantic Final Fantasy love scene:
    Amanda: Aww, this is so romantic! They would make a great couple together!
    Dragonite: Kiss, Kiss, Kiss, Kiss... C'MON! KISS ALREADY!
    Amanda: Drag, you have no patience whatsoever.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

After some minor technical difficulties, back to the posting!

PS. I encourage anyone willing to post translations.

Iain Reed - SoulStryder210 - United States

Leaping out of the train Cloud and Avalanche dispatch the Shinra guards to make there way to the reactor. It's up to Cloud, Barret, Biggs, Wedge and Jessie to put Shinra in their place.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Vanessa - x-Memoire-x - Germany

Zu diesem Zeitpunkt sah es so aus, als ginge es Cloud einfach nur ums Geld…