Thread: FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #97

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #97

It's FanArt Friday! Welcome to another edition of Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week, where we show the best of the best from DeviantArt! Last week's artwork had some incredible quality on display, and this week we'll see a new set of artists get a chance to show off their skills. But you're not here for the text... let's get on with the art!

Final Fantasy 7 by JohnnySegura3rd

What better way to kick off this week's FanArt Friday than with an epic Final Fantasy VII image? Especially with my fave character, Tifa, in the starring role. If you aren't aware, I'm actually in the midst of posting Final Fantasy VII: Moments at EoFF - it's a project where the entire story of Final Fantasy VII is told in the form of 200 pieces of art by over 100 artists. I'm just kicking myself that I didn't spot JohnnySegura3rd earlier, or I'd definitely have invited him to take part! Still, hopefully this is a bit of compensation - the headline art piece in this week's showcase!

Krile ffv for Final Fantasy Collab Brasil by clest

I love Final Fantasy V, and I make no secret of it. As far as I'm concerned, it's the most underrated game in the Final Fantasy series! Glad to see a few artists are still giving it some love, and this piece is created through a rather rare style for the weekly Showcase. I couldn't help but book a spot for this beautifully displayed and carefully crafted image. Great work, clest!

I'm ready for battle by Kimmymanga

Do you play Final Fantasy XIV? If so, you might want to check out Kimmymanga's artwork - she does commissions and as you can see by this quite incredible piece, she does them amazingly. That has to be one of the more awesome character commission pictures I have seen in the history of Eorzea. I wonder if I could get her to do one of Mimidoa... probably my fave NPC in FFXIV!

Setzer Gabbiani by Gabriela-Birchal

If topless Basch didn't do it for you a few weeks ago, and Setzer doesn't do it for you now... I'm just going to assume you don't appreciate handsome men. Gabriela has masterfully captured the player in this digital piece. She actually created this artwork for a Brazilian Final Fantasy group, which, after a quick sneak through their photos, has some epic creations that are well worth checking out!

Enjoy the Moment by Leahtaur

Man, I am envrying these two right now. It's 1:25am and I'm only around halfway through posting these 213 works of art, and these guys are already chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool. I imagine that's what I'll be like at around 5am. I better not look at this art too long, it's making me so relaxed, it just has that really beautiful, warm feel to it. Nice work, Leahtaur!

+Cloud GBII+ by MolecularAgatha

It's our first ever genderbending Cosplay of the Week! This beautiful Costa Rica resident was actually up against some very, very tough competition for Cosplay of the Week - possibly one of the best weeks we've ever had in terms of quantity of quality - but the "audience test" I put the art through put MolecularAgatha first and

What do you think of all these wonderful pieces? Are you on DeviantArt? Do you have any favourite artists there? Let us know by leaving comments on this article and, of course, click the photos to be taken to the respective DA pages so you can leave comments for them, too! Finally, if you're registered on DeviantArt, be sure to follow the EyesonFF DA Group!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

That Krile & Setzer tho......

Ooh the pixelart piece is incredible! As is the Setzer piece. Hype!

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Wait, wait, that XIV art is a lala? O.o

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    Wait, wait, that XIV art is a lala? O.o
    You know, I'm not 100% sure, but I think so... xD I just said Lala because of the gigantic weapon size compared to the character. xD When artistic licence comes in, it's hard to judge for sure between Lala and Hyur!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah I think the legs are little too long for a Lala, personally!

I think my favourite is the pixel art.
    Last edited by Night Fury; 12-07-2014 at 06:48 AM.

The pixel art and the cosplay are extremely well done

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Yeah, I love that Krile.

The Setzer is certainly well done, but it I just keep seeing young Geoffrey Rush, and the hair is more gray than white. /nitpick

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

I agree with the others about the pixel art. There's not enough Krile love out there, so it's nice to see her get such a nice piece of artwork.

Wow. Setzer. I want to draw like that.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

That pixel art is go great! So rare to see pixel art these days.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Tifa looks like she's going to mess some trout up.