Thread: The Complaint Thread

Default The Complaint Thread

If you could make a complaint to SE about the series, what would you say?

Please try to keep in mind that Japan is the culture that perfected the tools used for cutting people.

I'd have to say my #1 complaint about the series is how much the games have slowed down with each new installment since FFVII. I know they have computers that can do 40 bajillion frames of animation, but it would seem they undertook the plumbing so hard that it stopped up the drain, so to speak. I'd be more inclined to play future installments if they somehow managed to speed up the gameplay.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by Spooniest View Post
    If you could make a complaint to SE about the series, what would you say?
    That it isn't a series any more so much as a label they throw on games to move copies? Honnestly the lack of clear direction makes it really hard to know how I feel about the series nowadays. At least if they picked one path and it sucked I could just write the series off.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooniest View Post
    Please try to keep in mind that Japan is the culture that perfected the tools used for cutting people.
    Objection! The sword arts and technology in Japan were no more developed than in other comparatively developed civilizations. This is a myth perpetuated by a combination of anime and Victorian era European historians looking to characterize medieval Europe as unrefined in comparison to modern practice. Furthermore the Japanese maintained an active military use of the sword as a weapon of nobility, thus maintaining a much more active lineage to modern times than European or Chinese styles ....

(Sorry, can't help myself. For more information visit your local library.)
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<