Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crazy Awesome Video Game Accomplishments

Quote Originally Posted by Spooniest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Yep, that's the one! I just didn't have one. Either that or I lost it near the start of the level. I could have warped back to Donut Plains to stock up but it sort of felt like cheating.
    Chocolate Island 5 is right next to it. It has a mushroom and then a changing box that you could grab a feather from. The spinys are all encased in blocks, as long as you don't hit the switch that releases them.

:/ But I guess going back to power up is kind of not something you want to do when you're recording stuff to be viewed later, is the point, right?
    If you're going for a no-death run, especially that close to the end, people tend to understand.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Personal bragging rights is it?
    I've beaten Deus Ex (the original) without killing a single person, unless it was required for the storyline. I also kept Paul Denton alive the entire time, which is pretty tough to pull off.
    By 'without killing' do you mean avoiding them, or just knocking them unconscious? I'd say the latter is more difficult.
    I only ask because my main bragging rights come from beating Deus Ex using just the police baton on every enemy unless otherwise required.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I avoided if possible, or used the prod and tranquilizers on everyone if they noticed me.

:monster:

Things I'm pretty proud of doing personally:

• 100% on every stage in Yoshi's Island
    • Clearing all the stages on SMB Lost Levels without resetting (i.e. getting world 9 etc.). Which I've done four times or more.
    • Beating Zelda II (seriously that game is hard as smurf)
    • Probably some other stuff I'm not thinking of offhand
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooniest View Post
    Yep, that's the one! I just didn't have one. Either that or I lost it near the start of the level. I could have warped back to Donut Plains to stock up but it sort of felt like cheating.
    Chocolate Island 5 is right next to it. It has a mushroom and then a changing box that you could grab a feather from. The spinys are all encased in blocks, as long as you don't hit the switch that releases them.

:/ But I guess going back to power up is kind of not something you want to do when you're recording stuff to be viewed later, is the point, right?
    If you're going for a no-death run, especially that close to the end, people tend to understand.
    I suppose I could have made sure I started every level with two capes and a blue Yoshi, grabbed a shell and skipped pretty much the whole game... but that would have been no fun whatsoever.

I've achieved 100% on the Adventure Mode for Hyrule Warriors. Well, the first one. Still working on the DLC.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I suppose I could have made sure I started every level with two capes and a blue Yoshi, grabbed a shell and skipped pretty much the whole game... but that would have been no fun whatsoever.
    It's moments like this that I miss the inventory system from Mario 3.