Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: There are fireflies inside? SPOILERS EVERYWHERE FOR PS3 OWNERS THAT LIKE VIDEO GAMES.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I should have gotten to this thread a hell of a lot sooner.

Oh well, I still have the games.
    Last edited by Ayen; 05-24-2015 at 10:07 PM.

I'm 4 hours in and very impressed by this game's pace so far. Lot's of stuff going on and hardly any tutorials. The battles don't seem very hard but they're fairly balanced at this point, and compared to RPG's from the same era there are a bit more save points around. I kinda like how combat is easy breezy whereas figuring out where to go and what to do next takes a bit more thought. I like it.

Things like "I'm not sure if we will ever come back here!" followed up by walking straight back into town crack me up sometimes. Oh classic video game design!

About 8 hours in now. Pilika is easily the most unlikeable character in this game at the moment and I'm getting real tired of this silent treatment.

Also spoiler wtf Jowy.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well she is traumatized...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Well she is traumatized...
    Yeah I guess, but I still don't get how Nanami can guess what Pilika is "saying" while all I get is "........". And then she suddenly comes up and manages to warn us about Jowy using what? Did she write it on a piece of paper? I dunno, I just find this whole thing weird and it's annoying because I do keep talking to her after every event to see if she's done with it yet and then feel like a fool for reading the "...." for the who knows how many-eth time.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

She probably uses elaborate hand gestures that you don't see due to the PS1's graphical limitations. Duh.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    She probably uses elaborate hand gestures that you don't see due to the PS1's graphical limitations. Duh.
    On that note, I really like how the sprites change brightness as you walk in the shade or in the sun. I'm impressed!

Really enjoyed the events of North Window and the Wind Cave. It's got everything spoiler a talking sword, creepy organ music and the kick-ass abomination boss.

Made it to Two Rivers. Can I please beat up that Chaco kid yet?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Chaco was pretty annoying. Hope you like the game!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Chaco is the Yuffie of Suikoden II, without the optional sidequest part. But you also get to meet Ridley, who's badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    Chaco was pretty annoying. Hope you like the game!
    Haha don't worry, overall the game is pretty fun so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Chaco is the Yuffie of Suikoden II, without the optional sidequest part. But you also get to meet Ridley, who's badass.
    Yeah Ridley is badass! I really like the diversity of the races and how the characters are being brought to life. It's little things, like how Rikimaru is always hungry, Gengen loves being outside and stuff.

Characters like Chaco, Millie and Pilika on the other hand; I'd rather ignore them

Smurf all the backtracking in Greenhill. This has been the least enjoyable part of the game so far despite all the story events.

Digging up this old thread because I've continued my first and blind playthrough. I'm at the Luca Blight battle. I farmed for it. I beat him. And then proceed to lose the stupid 1v1 rock-paper-scissor battle. It doesn't even make any sense! As in, the dialogue somehow telegraphs what he's gonna do? It doesn't really though. The rage quit was real and I'm not sure whether I can be bothered doing the whole thing again. It takes like 30 minutes altogether.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I never had issue guessing their action from the dialogue 75% of the time, which is more than enough to win. But if you struggle with it just look it up in a guide because indeed those battles are dumb.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Digging up this old thread because I've continued my first and blind playthrough. I'm at the Luca Blight battle. I farmed for it. I beat him. And then proceed to lose the stupid 1v1 rock-paper-scissor battle. It doesn't even make any sense! As in, the dialogue somehow telegraphs what he's gonna do? It doesn't really though. The rage quit was real and I'm not sure whether I can be bothered doing the whole thing again. It takes like 30 minutes altogether.
    That one is less obvious than the other duels, largely because Luca is entirely insane at that point. His desperate attacks are generally more angry/emotional, and he does them frequently, so you may be better off just straight Defending for non-obvious ones. You had to have gotten pretty unlucky, because his health starts pretty low.