Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FINAL FANTASY XV - Demo Will Be Limited to Day One Versions of Type-0 HD

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Viii was in braver fencer musashi actually
    I have it in a Platinum edition of FFVII.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I have it in either a regular or a platinum of ff7. I forgot. It was probably the regular because that cover has room for 4 discs.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

The re-release of VII then? Platinium? It was with brave fencer though cause that's where I was first introduced to it.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It came with a few games.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm just gonna buy the game when it comes out.

I was never a big fan of demos. The only demo I was truly excited for was Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty that came with Zone of the Enders. That was a pretty good deal as well because I loved ZOE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I have it in either a regular or a platinum of ff7. I forgot. It was probably the regular because that cover has room for 4 discs.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    Um... I thought they said it was gonna be like that from the get-go?
    Glad I wasn't the only one. xD Yeah, I always kind of assumed this is what was going to happen. I do happen to have a PS4 as of very recently, so I'm not too bothered by this. Whether I do end up pre-ordering or not... dunno. Probably will, though, I'm a sucker like that and I have heard a lot of good things about Type-0. People saying you need to wait for reviews: You do realise this is a port, right? The reviews for the game itself are out there already, and they're pretty good.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    People saying you need to wait for reviews: You do realise this is a port, right? The reviews for the game itself are out there already, and they're pretty good.
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/psp/final-fantasy-type-0 Yeah so many reviews.

Teasing BoB aside, I know Type-0 will be good and I'll get it regardless, maybe even pre-order and share the demo with the EoFF population once I give it the requisite hour of my time. But it's the principle of the thing. Even for a port you do want to check the reviews to make sure they didn't totally botch it up with the HD and create tons of slowdown or break something.

I also did not get that it would be a pre-order bonus from the start but I've only been reading the EoFF articles about this so I guess the information was out there somewhere.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

They never explicitly stated it would be Day One only before. They were using phrases like "pre-order to guarantee access" etc, but never explicitly said Day One only until now.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I, like Loony and White Wizard, also assumed this would be the case.

Just like the FFXIII demo which come with first run copies of Advent Children Complete in Japan. That was a JP exclusive so at least this is for EVERYONE across the globe who purchases Type-0 HD day one.

I pre-ordered the first day I was able to, so I'm set.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

People are getting frustrated that it's Day One only. But I've seen wording that insinuates that it's not only day one. But also limited to just the collector editions. So even if you pre-order the game, you may not get it, unless you pony up for the more expensive version. Which I kind of want, but I totally agree that its getting more and more ridiculous. Just put it in every regular copy, full stop. If they think people are only going to buy Type-0 for the demo, they should get as many demos out there as possible. Playing this supply/demand game only pisses people off

I think it'd be fitting if they got their sales numbers, and still got a lot of hate and bad press for this. They seriously need to start listening and catering to their fans more. Be friendlier and more lax. Not more restrictive and unfriendly

Done ranting. Even though it doesn't apply to me, I plan on pre-ordering the limited edition anyway, and already have a PS4. I still think it's a dumb practice. Not a big fan of disc locked content, or early access costing twice as much as a game, and other bad practices like these which are becoming more and more prevalent in the industry

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The only thing I can think of is that pre-orders must have some great significance on their financial projections and production orders. Which makes sense since it replaces an unknown number of sales with a known number. Either that or they think the game is a total flop and want to get as many suckers to pre-order before they realize they just bought a piece of junk (I hope not!).

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

If it's Collector's Edition only then I'm not paying £30+ more for a demo, but that's the first I've heard of that.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    SQUARE ENIX have announced in a blog post that the FINAL FANTASY XV EPISODE DUSCAE demo, ..., will be limited to limited edition "Day One" copes of Type-0 HD
    Even the wording in this very thread insinuates it's only the limited edition copies

But I first heard it worded that way on Polygon, so it's not just one source. And I'm not even actively following the production of this game. So it's weird that it pops up that frequently and hasn't been addressed as a thing

Edit: Unless its a misnomer, and nobody is reconciling the difference in types of limited edition. And they don't actually mean collector's edition, and are actually simply talking about a limited printing of the game on the first run. But some clarification would be nice on what exactly they mean by limited edition in each context..

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If it's CE pre-orders only then...well I hope those 10 people enjoy their demo.