View Poll Results: What you complaining about, EoFF?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Why does it take 8 years to not finish a video game? I... :O I don't even

12 52.17%
  • [Insert IP Here] is not getting the attention it deserves, why haven't they remade this or that

4 17.39%
  • Modern consoles are like toasters that make the bread from scratch, i.e., awesome but impractical

0 0%
  • IRRRMAGIRD REMAKE FF7 ALREADY D:<

0 0%
  • Write-In (Specify) for the creative types

7 30.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your #1 complaint about SE?

Default What is your #1 complaint about SE?

All joking aside, what is your #1 complaint about things going on?

Development cycles too long? [Insert Game Here] being ignored? Technical problems with top-heavy hardware design? Take your pick. Make one up.

"I went down to the demonstration, to get my fair share of abuse.
    Singing, we're gonna vent our frustrations, if we don't we gonna blow a 50 amp fuse."

Or...gasp...could you be one of those who think "SE's on top of their game, this is ridiculous" maybe?

I was curious.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

That XV is taking so long

They used to just pump out the FF games and now it takes foreeeeevvveeeerrr

FFvsTales1.PNG
    FFvsTales2.PNG
    Look what Tales did in the second golden era of RPG gaming (between X and XIII). Cranking out quality title after quality title. (Kind of.) Square's like "Game development takes time, it'll be worth it, meanwhile here are old ports and mobile games!" and Namco's all "Whatever dude, here's five awesome flagship titles"

Also if anyone wants to see more franchises, just let me know. And pick a color.

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

:monster:

My big problem is twofold. One is the development issue mentioned above, but the other, more important issue is that a large number of the titles they release these days just don't hold any interest for me. FFXIII and its sequels don't interest me. The entire Compilation of FFVII doesn't interest me. The endless number of Kingdom Hearts spinoffs doesn't interest me. And the list goes on. If they stuck to developing quality games I wouldn't mind so much the long development time, but when games take a long time to make and then don't even end up interesting me, it's a lot more frustrating. If there were more games like Bravely Default and fewer games like Dirge of Cerberus I'd probably be a lot more interested in the company these days.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

My biggest complaint is that they aren't making PC releases a priority. 90% of my gaming is on the PC these days so just put everything on Steam already, guys.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

They're stuck in the late 90's/early 2000's and haven't realised gaming has moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    They're stuck in the late 90's/early 2000's and haven't realised gaming has moved on.
    Wha?! Noooo. If anything, they've moved on too quickly and left behind the greatness of that era.

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

Too much mobile attention. Or rather, too much cell phone and tablet attention. I don't necessarily hate Vita and 3DS games, as those take real effort and are rarely the shovelware Square seems to like to shovel into mobile arenas

They have completely lost what makes their games great. Fan advice has not helped in this regard. Everyone keeps pushing them for "story", which is why they keep delivering overly convoluted, extremely linear messes.

Story is relatively unimportant. What makes the games great, and what Square always excelled at, was world building. The story of FFVII? Spend 90% of the game just chasing after the villain. But the places you visit, and the people you meet, fleshed out the experience so much more.

Square has spent so long trying to flesh out an epic story that they've forgotten about building the world and the setting in an engaging way. I don't care about the story. I just want a world that I want to live in and explore. That's what the great games of Square's past always delivered on.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Lack of games on console.

Articles
    Blog Entries

They need better management and coordination. Their internal teams should have a much more consistent output on console and handheld, and more of their PS2 classics should have been remastered at this point. However, this is a transitionary time for the industry, so it's hard to really say what Square is up to our where they're going at this point. One thing is for sure, they're a Japanese company and they're going to act accordingly, despite what sine Americans on an Internet forum think.

Quote Originally Posted by metagloria
    Wha?! Noooo. If anything, they've moved on too quickly and left behind the greatness of that era.
    Yep. Gaming has really stagnated in the last 7-10 years and Square's mostly followed suit with the other big publishers in that.

Blog Entries

The only games of theirs that I am interested in anymore are remakes. I haven't cared much for anything original they've done for quite some time.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    They have completely lost what makes their games great. Fan advice has not helped in this regard. Everyone keeps pushing them for "story", which is why they keep delivering overly convoluted, extremely linear messes.
    >>> So you think they are trying so hard when it comes to create a good story that they make a total mess in the end?.. I think is the opposite, they have not even tried at all. And blaming the fans sounds like the lame excuse that only SE could make..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Their fans.
    Whose fans do you like?