Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burger Joints

There is a place in Cardiff called The Grazing Shed and they do the finest burgers known to humankind.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

https://www.facebook.com/coqbull

Best Burger place, ever.

Yes, even better than In 'N' Out.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Wasn't overly impressed with In-N-Out when I was in the states. I prefer Wendy's

In the UK I would probably say the Handmade Burger Co. Had a fantastic lamburger there not too long ago.

There are a couple Five Guys all around London and I do enjoy their burgers.

The amount of fries the place serves irks me though. I ask for the small fries and they give me an overflowing bag with the stuff. What's the deal with that? @_@

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    In N Out for national chains. For local chains, there's a place called Zip's here that's pretty popular and they make damn good burgers and the biggest, fluffiest onion rings you've ever seen.
    In n out is definitely not national. There aren't any east of the Mississippi and a good 3/4 of them are in Cali

here in Northern New England its only McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's and 5 guys are just coming in now. We get shafted on fast food. The nearest White Castle is in NYC

Articles

We have fast food chains n stuff, but getting a burger properly made in a kitchen is even better.

So going to a pub and a burger made there is cheap and delicious.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Overrated garbage:
    Five Guys -- I ate here a few times out of convenience but it's pretty mediocre.
    Shake Shack -- burgers are okay but definitely not worth waiting hours for like a crazy tourist. Their milkshakes are worth the wait though and you think people would realize by the name that that's what good about them not the burgers and definitely not the fries. But of course anything will taste good when you've been waiting for 5 hours starving. :P
    In-n-Out Burger - Absolutely super overrated and mediocre. And it wasn't in and out service either!
    White Castle -- I will eat it, but these aren't called murder burgers for no reason.
    Burger King -- troutty burgers.

Amazeballs:
    Bareburger -- and they have all kinds of meat ranging from your typical cow to delicious ostrich
    P.S. Burgers -- Their custom sauces are to die for too.
    Barcade -- A bar + arcade that makes the best damn veggie burger I've ever tasted.
    Smash Burger -- Actually pretty decent for a chain. I wouldn't rate them as high as Bargeburger because they don't have as many selections or good sauces, but still pretty good.

Not sure about:
    NY Burger & Co. -- Their sauces are good, though not P.S. Burger good. Some of their sauces are bad. Their burgers are overpriced for being pretty small. If you get a bigger one, it's almost too big and thick. The thickness makes it dry. The smaller ones taste better because they're juicer. Still overpriced. Overall would recommend just try once.
    McDonalds -- Granted Big Macs are pretty great if you like sugary and calorie full burgers, but even thinking about McDonalds makes me ill.
    Wendy's -- I haven't had their burgers in years so I can't recall if I liked them. Last thing I ordered at Wendy's was a potato, an actual whole potato. Don't know why. xD
    Arby's -- Also overpriced and although their custom burgers can be good, I'm not sure it justifies their prices. There's not enough selection for me, but I do love their curly fries.

I am pretty picky when it comes to burgers but that's because a majority of places don't know how to make a decent burger. Interestingly enough, some of the best burgers I've had weren't from chains, it was from diners.

There's actually a whole book someone wrote about the best burger places in America and it was made in to a show.