Thread: FanArt Fri-- er, Monday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #98

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default FanArt Fri-- er, Monday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #98

It's FanArt... Monday! Apologies for the delay, I blame this on an overdose of Christmas cheer and alcohol. But back to business: Welcome to another edition of Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week, where we show the best of the best from DeviantArt! Last week's artwork had some excellent talent on display, and this week we'll see a new set of artists get a chance to show off their skills. But you're not here for the text... let's get on with the art!

The Last of the Ancients by HanieMohd

Let's start off with something jawdroppingly beautiful, shall we? Everything about this art wows me. The style, the linework, the colouring, the... well, the beauty! I want a stained glass window that looks just like this. I think this is artwork anyone can enjoy, not just Final Fantasy fans. If you're wanting to see more art by HanieMohd, check out her Facebook page.

Final Fantasy Beauty by Massi74

Have you all forgotten that the female characters in Final Fantasy XV are not exclusively blonde? That might be due to the fact that we have seen no real detail on this mystery woman! Massi seems to have taken a liking to her, though, enough to create this beautiful piece of digital artwork for our viewing pleasure.

Edge Geraldine - FFIV by livroeternia

So Ninja was recently released in FFXIV and for a while there you couldn't take ten steps in Eorzea without spotting one, which kind of defeats the purpose of a ninja, right? But let's go back in time, all the way to Final Fantasy IV. Here we see an action pose of the prince of Eblan, Edge Geraldine. Edge is the first named character to kick serious butt in a Final Fantasy game, and from the first second I saw this artwork I knew I had to put it into the Showcase of the Week. Not every day you see old school FF FanArt this good!

Zack x Aerith: Until my words reach you by dagga19

Just like a good Final Fantasy game, I'll keep the pacing of this showcase on point. Following heavy action, I must add a touching moment between two dead characters. That's how it works... right!? Anyway, for those not aware, Aerith wrote letters to Zack - 89 of them, in fact - during his time away from her. Zack never replied, what a jerk! But seriously, dagga has turned this beautiful showing of love into a beautiful work of art, and I'm pretty confident I speak for everyone when I say we thank her for it!

A-are you cold? by Evanatt

Evanatt is something of a regular in the showcase lately, but she keeps putting up artwork I simply must let you all see! It would be a crime not to. This is an adorable little scene between a white and black mage, where the black mage is coming to quite literally warm the heart of his fellow magic user. It's okay, you can say "Awwww..." now. If this isn't in the spirit of Christmas, I don't know what is.

Auron - Final Fantasy X by I-Artemis-I (cosplay) and Kiara Lee Photography (photo)

Time for Cosplay of the Week! I know Final Fantasy is infamous for having dudes that could easily be mistaken for ladies, but in this case it's a female who could easily be mistaken for a bloke - and for once in my life I say that as a compliment, as that is what Natalie was going for. And Auron is not one of those pre-mentioned feminine looking men, either, nor is Natalie a blokey looking girl. This is nothing short of excellent costume work at play (I just realised where 'cosplay' comes from). Oh, and check out her Facebook, too, if you have time!

What do you think of all these wonderful pieces? Are you on DeviantArt? Do you have any favourite artists there? Let us know by leaving comments on this article and, of course, click the photos to be taken to the respective DA pages so you can leave comments for them, too! Finally, if you're registered on DeviantArt, be sure to follow the EyesonFF DA Group!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post

A better candidate for a Final Fantasy-themed Christmas Card I have not seen.

5/5 stars, would view again

I said awww. These are all really great! The Aeris picture works so well with the stained glass.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Wow. Nice work from top to bottom.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I want to print out that Aerith picture, frame it and hang it on my wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooniest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post

A better candidate for a Final Fantasy-themed Christmas Card I have not seen.

5/5 stars, would view again
    I totally agree! I love this!