View Poll Results: What's the worst minigame in FFX?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monster Hunting

0 0%
  • Lightning Dodging

26 50.98%
  • Butterfly Catching

6 11.76%
  • Blitzball

7 13.73%
  • Chocobo Dodger/Catcher

10 19.61%
  • Other

2 3.92%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst Final Fantasy X Minigame

This poll requires an 'All of the above' option...
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Warrior View Post
    This poll requires an 'All of the above' option...
    Yeah, I agree with you. :P

I didn't like any of the minicames really, it is one of the weaknesses of the game imo. If I had to pick one I'd say Lightning Dodging is the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Egami View Post
    I didn't like any of the minicames really, it is one of the weaknesses of the game imo. If I had to pick one I'd say Lightning Dodging is the worst.
    Blitzball is pretty legit in FFX, because Tidus and Wakka are Blitzers, so lack of Blitzball would hurt the game IMHO.
    About the rest of minigames... yeah, they shouldn't be included there.
    I don't know about Chocobo riding in previous games, but I think that Chocobo training should be easier. XD

Quote Originally Posted by TheZanmato View Post
    Blitzball is pretty legit in FFX, because Tidus and Wakka are Blitzers, so lack of Blitzball would hurt the game IMHO.
    Oh, not saying it shouldn't have been included and it does ties in well with the story; it just could have been more fun to play imo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheZanmato View Post
    Oh, not saying it shouldn't have been included and it does ties in well with the story; it just could have been more fun to play imo.
    Yes, it could, I agree. It's pretty screwed in FFX-2... I just hate this game generally, but this aspect of game is the worst one.

In ffx I hate Blitzball so much,
    In the x-2 I'll say giving a massage to Leblanc

I finally got some "No Encounter" gear, got to 13 before I was zapped..... Haven't made another attempt yet.
    "The Save Sphere debacle of 2014: Never Forget"

The chocobo game led me to some actual bodily harm, so that one.

ive rarely been as angry at a video game as when i did the chocobo one dodging birds. it was the worst.

i also hated the butterfly one.

the lightning one i found strangely relaxing.

i hated the mini-games in this game, overall

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

The lightning one took too much time. 200 is a lot and it's time consuming for what I considered to be a very piss poor return on investment.

The lightning one is the worst, by far. Boring, too much time invested, too easy to lose, no way to track progress, no way to save, no engagement, no fun. Chuck it in the bin and move on.

I did this legitimately exactly once. When I went to replay on the HD version, I cheated and ran a computer script to dodge for me, and just walked away from the game for a couple of hours.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

There’s a bypass though. In one exact spot the Lightning always strikes when you approach. Using that exploit, you can do it pretty fast and relatively stress-free.

No such exploit for the Chocobo minigane tho

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

See i never had issues with the chocobo minigame. But the lightning?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Toss up between Lightning Dodging and Butterfly Catching. smurf all of those noises.
    It's been over three years since I made this post and I'm still really smurfing angry about it.