Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This is just stupid!

Does just mentioning Final Fantasy VIII on this forum cause a debate ? Because it's never really a pure and solid discussion on the actual game, storyline and plot. It's just somebody saying I hate this game because reason -----
    Or somebody saying I love this game because reason -----

It would be nice to have a good talk about this game, rather than just the anti fandom vs the fandom.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Omni-Odin View Post
    Lol, I feel like 15 years from now I'll be responding to a thread defending XIII because my '20s' were so nostalgic. And we'll be saying things like, "Welp, at least it's better than XXII is"
    FFXXII released in 15 years sounds optimistic to me. They'll be more likely to still be working on the compilation of FFXV.

You'll have
    - FFXV
    - FFXV-2 - Fixing the problems of FFXV whilst simultaneously creating new ones
    - FFXV-3 - The game that no-one wants but SE needs to make in order to tie up the loose ends of a story that no-one understands

PS Vita Exclusives
    - FFXV-Crisis Talks - A minor character from FFXV has their back story revealed through a series of awkward conversations.
    - FFXV-Dirge of Circumcision - A male protagonist from FFXV goes on a murderous rampage following a botched operation to remove his foreskin

Mobile games
    - Cidney's Auto Repair - Touch screen game in which you must fix all manner of cars interspersed with gratuitous cleavage shots.
    - Final Fantasy Cutz! - The FFXV characters open a hair salon. Different hairstyles available to decorate your characters for an upgraded package of only £15.99!
    - Sim Chocobo - Interact with other chocobos in a real chocobo town! Laugh as your chocobo finds a job as an estate agent then whilst you're at work, your chocobo wife cheats on you with the blue chocobo across the road. Meanwhile, your 15-year-old chocobo daughter is pregnant and your 12-year-old chocobo son has been caught with cannabis at school. Oh the laughter!

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Does just mentioning Final Fantasy VIII on this forum cause a debate ? Because it's never really a pure and solid discussion on the actual game, storyline and plot. It's just somebody saying I hate this game because reason -----

It would be nice to have a good talk about this game, rather than just the anti fandom vs the fandom.
    HI I'M THE ONE WHO REALLY RUNS THE GARDEN OH trout I'M DEAD NOW AND WILL NEVER BE MENTIONED AGAIN

There's your "plot" in FFVIII.

It's a whole ton of good ideas slapped together with very little thought to cohesion or logic. As we all know, just because you like several different types of foods, it won't make them taste good when you drop them all in a bowl together

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post

HI I'M THE ONE WHO REALLY RUNS THE GARDEN OH trout I'M DEAD NOW AND WILL NEVER BE MENTIONED AGAIN

It's a whole ton of good ideas slapped together with very little thought to cohesion or logic. As we all know, just because you like several different types of foods, it won't make them taste good when you drop them all in a bowl together
    I always feel dirty when agreeing with you.

*Goes to take a shower*

But yeah, so many things that happen in FF VIII just feel tagged on and inconsequential.

Articles
    Blog Entries

They GRRM'd Norg hard on that one.

I feel they were trying too hard to top FFVII and that's probably why most of the crazy ideas were added in whether or not they made any sense to the current story. I can still enjoy the game despite this because it's so blatantly insane at times it becomes fun. It helps that none of the characters annoyed me, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post

...Did we play the same game ?

The one where a random NPC in the first town explains more of the plot than most of the cutscenes?

I still loved that. My last playthrough I found this person in Balamb who explains all about Hyne and the origin of Sorceresses. It was more detailed and informative than the datalog entries on either.