What have I bought | When did I buy it

Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns (PAL version) | February 2014

I already knew it since 2013 because I have the Japanese version but it is still new so I want it to count.

The last part of the Lightning Saga of Final Fantasy XIII. It brings back likable characters, adds new as well as some element you probably would have liked in the two other installments of Final Fantasy XIII. For a consistent story you might not fully like Lightning Returns though that is actually only because some tricky words that are never easy to define are used and overall I love the whole story of all three nonetheless, especially its ending. I think it is the best Final Fantasy since Crisis Core has been released and people should actually give it a try. Many things of it added in the first installlment would have brought way more fans.

Beyond: Two Souls | February 2014

My first step into the world of Interactuve Movie games. And it was the best since then. Beyond might not really do too much for your Gameplay, even though it even tries to make you interact with your surroundings in a very special way but it focusses very much on narration and creating atmosphere. This is an experience you might never forget, such as many RPG stories. Be aware though that Beyond really has only a bit of walking around and clicking or moving your controller for the gameplay.

Atelier Escha & Logy The Alchemists of Dusk Sky | March 2014

The 5th installment of the Atelier series for PS3 and one of the best in my opinion. If you are a fan of cel-shading, anime, great music and old-school RPG elements like some sort of ATB system then this might be worth a try. Escha & Logy has lovable, cute characters and is a fun game to play. The series does not always have the deepest writing but I still think if some very important moments are written well then it is very good and this is the case here for me. Prepare for many anime clichés though if you want to try out this series - something I do not mind at all.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster | March 2014

The Last of Us | April 2014 (Birthday Present)

This game has been hyped last year very much and normally no matter who you ask they will still tell you how great this game is.
And I agree.
I think The Last of Us is a really good game. I like Father Child stories and this one is very well told. It succeeds in telling the story of a dying world where everyone keeps trying to stay alive and no one actually stays innocent - though you very much notice that even those who needed to do bad things are not even close to being evil such as others. The gameplay might be a bit repetetive. The Last of Us lives of its stealthing and open fighting moments in terms of gameplay and this is a bit unfortunate in my eyes because it should not be such a game and does not have that much variety. Oddly enough Final Fantasy XIII was hated very much for this fight and narrate concept but lately I have noticed even more how present this concept really is so Final Fantasy XIII's problem might be either how biased people are or that really just a little bit of an element that seems to make things more free lacks. Because for real - even Kingdom Hearts II which I recently have replayed and has greater areas as well as Mini Games and Sidequests is in terms of obligations pretty much nothing than running around, fighting and story progress. When it comes to that people very much like at least a bit of an extra. It is something I understand though.

Fahrenheit | May 2014

The game from QuanticDream that came before Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls. Fahrenheit does not shine with great gameplay for the time it has come out and graphics as well as story, well - you should try it out yourself. The gameplay can get very annyoing even though Heavy Rain was more annoying for me. The story also gets really messy and unnecessary but most of it in a way was really likable for me. There were some parts that could have been left out and gameplay-wise some parts should have been made completely different. That is what I think, however. Maybe it is more something for you. Yet I like it more than Heavy Rain.

One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 | July 2014

Well - to be honest, I was disappointed by this game. It has nice looks and mechanics and is fun to play in my opinion but it is nothing but a short non-canonical story with only territory system and I expected it to be at least a bit of running around and interacting with the area items like in the first installments. So the fun part is likable and it is stylish in my opinion but by far less of the game I have expected.

Heavy Rain | November 2014

I was too disappointed by this game, I do not want to talk about it. I recommend it still because what I didn't like is really something that just was nothing for me and there were still things that I liked.

Child of Light | November 2014

What a lovely little game with a great atmosphere. A 2.5 D sidescroller/RPG with the cute little princess Aurora that combines cute hand-drawn graphics, great music, old-school RPG-elements and the cutest little princess I have ever seen to create this masterpiece. I recommend this one to everyone.

Terranigma | December 2014

A masterpiece of an RPG. Terranigma is what Action RPGs have been in the 90s. Take some incredible music and put it into a storyline of bringing back the fantasy version of Earth and you get something great as Terranigma.

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX | December 2014

Drakengard 3 | December 2014 (Christmas Present)
Under construction.