Thread: FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #99 - Part One!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #99 - Part One!

Welcome to another edition of Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week, where we show the best of the best from DeviantArt! Last week's artwork had some breathtaking beauty on display, and this week we'll see a new set of artists get a chance to show off their skills. And what's more - this is just part one! I'll be submitting two articles today because it's Christmas week, and I feel like being extra generous. I hope you enjoy both of today's showcases - look out for the next one, it'll be soon! But you're not here for the text... let's get on with the art!

Lulu by tsuaii

Let's start today's FanArt marathon with an absolutely beauty. Lulu is looking electric here as she plays with her powers. I love everything about this image - the style, the detail, the way her jewellery and hair are feeling the effects of her latest spell, the colour work, the adorable cactuar and definitely the attitude being shown by the star character. tsuaii actually completed this artwork as a commission for someone who has become his Patreon supporter, and I think the entire world is thankful for it.

Minwu by Lynn-Strife

Following up a black mage with a white mage, here we see Minwu flashing his ab-- er, I mean, holy magic. I wonder why male white mages are such a rare breed in the Final Fantasy series? Minwu is well loved by those who have played Final Fantasy II. I think Lynn-Strife has captured the selflessness, magic and powerful magic that captured so many fans when he saved their party over and over and over again during those early stages of the game. Minwu rules.

The Whorleater by KurtFloyd

If you've faced Leviathan in Final Fantasy XIV, this might remind you of a good fun fight - or a lot of death! I for one really enjoyed this battle the, er, one time I did it! I gotta say, Kurt has turned things up a notch, though, because this image gives the Whorleater the most badass look I've ever seen. I feel like this must be the Extreme version of the staple summon of the Final Fantasy series, because damn, he looks scary!

Final Fantasy VII by frandy4122

Let's get back to dry land and a more relaxing vibe - and there are few more earthy and calming visions than this beautiful work of art by frandy. Aerith is seen here seemingly getting ready to sell her flowers at a discount price to the next spikey haired muscleman to walk by her path. The soft pinks and calming yellows in this image really give it that old photo feel, and I couldn't resist adding it into this week's showcase. Thanks for gracing us with this artwork, frandy!

Final Fantasy IX- Ice Cavern Fanart by Hachiimon

If you know me well, you'll know I love artwork of Final Fantasy landscapes. I feel the settings of Final Fantasy are really stunning, and some artists out there are really able to bring you into our favourite fantasy worlds, immersing ourselves in equal measures of nostalgia and wonder. Hachiimon is one such artist, and has placed us a few steps behind Zidane as we find ourselves walking through the ice cold cavern, where we will no doubt find incredible treasure - or an early death. Adventure awaits!

Getting some rest by An0therSide (cosplay) and clickarteacao (photography)

Cosplay of the Week - well, the first of two, since technically this is the first part of a double-whammy of artwork. When I first saw this photo, I actually thought it was a photomanipulation because that is Vanille, right!? The pose, the smile, the eyes, the hair, the clothing... you wouldn't be surprised to find Cocoon behind the trees that make up the background to this incredible shot. We here at Eyes on Final Fantasy applaud you, Claudia for your superb cosplaying, and also to Ronaldo for the great photo!

What do you think of all these wonderful pieces? Are you on DeviantArt? Do you have any favourite artists there? Let us know by leaving comments on this article and, of course, click the photos to be taken to the respective DA pages so you can leave comments for them, too! Finally, if you're registered on DeviantArt, be sure to follow the EyesonFF DA Group!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Omg that Lily, that ... Ice Cavern.That Leviathan..

And Vanille!

This is an amazing line up.

Awww there is my Minwu! I feel so proud of this work! I am soooooo glad to see my work publish in this awesome showcase!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Great selection again. I love the ice cavern.

Str8 Pimpin'