Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do YOU pronounce Cait Sith?

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Normally we just need to take a look at the Japanese manuals and we know what was meant (Like Aerith, Cayenne and such).
    I think you are assuming that your average fan cares way more than they actualy do. 99.99% of people are going to pronounce it as it is writen, so if they want it pronounced a certain way they should write in an appropriate manner.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

And "the way it is written" is not automatically clear.

cat trout

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    Normally we just need to take a look at the Japanese manuals and we know what was meant (Like Aerith, Cayenne and such).
    I think you are assuming that your average fan cares way more than they actualy do. 99.99% of people are going to pronounce it as it is writen, so if they want it pronounced a certain way they should write in an appropriate manner.
    Exactly

Though supposedly Aerith was a mistake, but in regards to the others, Cait Sith and Tidus especially, this is exactly my train of thought. And the dumbest part was the fact that you could name Tidus. What was the point? He's not an avatar. He has a personality already set. Why not use his name in the game, the characters could have said it, and everything would have been fine, rather than surprising us with a new pronunciation years after the release when it's mentioned in another game

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    Exactly

Though supposedly Aerith was a mistake, but in regards to the others, Cait Sith and Tidus especially, this is exactly my train of thought. And the dumbest part was the fact that you could name Tidus. What was the point? He's not an avatar. He has a personality already set. Why not use his name in the game, the characters could have said it, and everything would have been fine, rather than surprising us with a new pronunciation years after the release when it's mentioned in another game
    What is surprising about this pronounciation when his own voice actor even mentions him as Teedus in an interview that came with the first version of Final Fantasy X?

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Like I said, most people just play the game and don't consider consuming extranous secondary media as an integral part of the experience.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

There's more than one way to pronounce Cait Sith? Kate Sith. It's the only way. Any other way and you're really just overcomplicating things for overcomplicating things sake
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    There's more than one way to pronounce Cait Sith? Kate Sith. It's the only way. Any other way and you're really just overcomplicating things for overcomplicating things sake
    And how do you pronounce "Sith"? The "th" has three different ways of being pronounced.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

And how do you pronounce "Sith"? The "th" has three different ways of being pronounced.
    Like "Sixth", without the X.

Sif, if you will. Now don't tell me you pronounce that as Sycthe or something
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Like "Sixth", without the X.

Sif, if you will. Now don't tell me you pronounce that as Sycthe or something
    I pronounced it like Aerith and Sephiroth until I noticed that is not meant. I always wondered when I saw the Japanese name Ketto Shi which does not say Shisu or trouto (yeah lol) or anything like it.

My Final Fantasy X didn't come with any interviews o.O What in the world. I don't remember extra content being on the game and there definitely wasn't an extra disc in the box. Are you talking about the second run with the international version or something? Or are you talking about the Japanese version? Or maybe I'm missing something..

Articles
    Blog Entries

Cake Sith.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    My Final Fantasy X didn't come with any interviews o.O What in the world. I don't remember extra content being on the game and there definitely wasn't an extra disc in the box. Are you talking about the second run with the international version or something? Or are you talking about the Japanese version? Or maybe I'm missing something..
    I was pretty sure it was the extra-disc with the Kingdom Hearts preview on it as well. I might confuse that however. The interview should be somewhere else then. But actually it should be that DVD because I cannot think of anything else.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

All about that Bass Sith. I'm so topical. Yes, I already made a stupid joke in this thread, wanna fight about it?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    All about that Bass Sith. I'm so topical. Yes, I already made a stupid joke in this thread, wanna fight about it?
    Only if it involves trading cards and holographic monsters.