Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: The revived all new FFVII riddle thread (of awesome)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This riddle is easy
    ...easy
    If you like the obscure
    ...scure
    Let's all praise Shinra
    ...Saltza
    For their Mako Soldier Cure
    ...cure

I'm trying to think what the cure would be for a Mako Soldier. Is it relevant that "Mako Soldier Cure" is a capitalized?

Hmmm... I'm struggling on the Saltza line. It is set out like an echo but why is that one different? No idea what it means either.

Edit: Hang on, Saltza is ringing a bell. Isn't there a kid that tries to say Shinra and says Saltza? NO! Chinra and I think he tries to say Soldier and says Saltza? Aagh, I don't know!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Bubba, I'm gonna go ahead and give it to you! It's indeed the little kid who echoes his big sister. Good job, dude!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Nice job Bubba : ) That was so obscure I didn't even remember it!

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Correct! Good job metagloria! May have to make the next one a bit trickier.

Aunt Sarah is a fertile one
    Aunt Sarah is an anagram of Sahara Nut. Fertile is a reference to breeding.

She can help the two young lovebirds
    You use the nut on two Chocobos.

Though she is drier than a testicle in the desert
    Desert = Sahara. Testicle = Nut

It's all yours, metagloria.
    Last edited by Bubba; 01-13-2015 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Whoops, forgot about this.

Aunt Sarah is a fertile one
    She can help the two young lovebirds
    Though she is drier than a testicle in the desert
    Sahara Nut.

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Whoops, don't know how I did that!

Haha, neat. And slightly confusing.

Here's my go. It's short and simple, but hopefully not too obvious...

My main function? I guess, to drain HP.
    But to see what else I can do, bring me...a shrubbery!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by metagloria View Post
    Racking my brain to think of what techniques drain hp. I'm sure there are a few in the game, the majority performed by enemies.

Now the second line must be a reference to Monty Python and the Knights who say Neee!

My first thought was Magic Hammer enemy skill but that drains MP.

I need to give it some thought as I can't come up with an answer yet. Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by metagloria View Post
    Racking my brain to think of what techniques drain hp. I'm sure there are a few in the game, the majority performed by enemies.

Now the second line must be a reference to Monty Python and the Knights who say Neee!

My first thought was Magic Hammer enemy skill but that drains MP.

I need to give it some thought as I can't come up with an answer yet. Hmmm...
    You're correct in identifying the Monty Python reference, but that fact is just an homage and not integral to the answer to the question. That is, you don't need to cross-reference FF and MP to come up with the answer.

I want to say mp absorb

Yeah it's not MP Absorb. Keep going, people!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So the shrubbery doesn't hint towards anything in the game? I thought the answer could be found in a forest or something. Also, I thought it might involve a Knight of some sort due to the Python clue.

Also, I don't think there is any Python enemy in this game so I don't think it's that. Nobody called Monty, is there?!

The only clue I can work from at the minute is the HP Absorb clue. That being the case I'm gonna hazard a guess at Red XIII's Blood Fang limit break as it drains enemy HP. I don't see how it fits in with the rest of the riddle though.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

So the shrubbery doesn't hint towards anything in the game? I thought the answer could be found in a forest or something. Also, I thought it might involve a Knight of some sort due to the Python clue.

Also, I don't think there is any Python enemy in this game so I don't think it's that. Nobody called Monty, is there?!

The only clue I can work from at the minute is the HP Absorb clue. That being the case I'm gonna hazard a guess at Red XIII's Blood Fang limit break as it drains enemy HP. I don't see how it fits in with the rest of the riddle though.
    there are pythons near junon. and they appear in groups of 5 alot

Some good stuff here. You're on the right track with your hazarded guess!

1) I should point out - and this is my fault, in retrospect - that I didn't mean "drain HP" in the FF sense of drain, i.e., absorb. I just meant to cause damage, in general.
    2) You could answer this riddle even if you had no idea the shrubbery thing was a Monty Python reference. So the word "shrubbery" might be relevant.

Five days and nothing? Geez, Bubba got the obscure Nibelheim kids in a matter of hours. Come on, folks! I'll give the right answer a moogle hug...