Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1115161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Final Fantasy XV's Cid be a Lady?

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Here we go again. No Cid was "sexified" until they decided to make a female Cid. Granted Square Enix is pretty notorious for sexifying their male characters too, but every other Cid was for the most part fully clothed. Why does this one have to be showing her breastses? Because she's a female Cid? Is it supposed to be okay because they made her mechanic? Give me a break Square. I'm quite tired of any form objectification in a character. I would love for just sophiscated characters who don't have to have a sex appeal to be interesting. I'd rather the most interesting thing about them be their skills and backstory.

Gone is a world of video games that don't feature men as beef cakes or bishounen with abs, and girls with huge boobs and mini skirts parading about. They make characters that don't even look like real people anymore. I wasn't going to buy this game, but now I am really not buying it. Their last few games have been pure suck anyway.

By the way we can see all of you rep, so stop with snarky rep comments AND the snarky posts.

EDIT: According to this thread I should be getting a breast reduction. Duly noted.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    EDIT: According to this thread I should be getting a breast reduction. Duly noted.
    I feel awkward being the one to tell you that you don't have big boobs. Where did you get the impression that our discussion would imply that you should get a breast reduction?

This seems to have taken an ugly turn.

smurf whoever is responsible.

Cidney's gonna bash your trout with her wrenches, dood

FFXV-II: Cidney Wrecks Your trout

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    I feel awkward being the one to tell you that you don't have big boobs. Where did you get the impression that our discussion would imply that you should get a breast reduction?
    That was actually a joke, I'm not getting a breast reduction although I agree with you that my boobs aren't big, or at least don't look it with clothes on. I don't really consider a D cup that I have big. I'm 5'1'' and 100lbs, but I'm pretty sure most of my back problems are slouching related. Also pretty sure that Tifa's boobs are probably more like a G not a D which I would imagine would definitely cause her back issues if she's only 120lbs. But more on the related topic of why Square is failing.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't get what the joke was, but it was about boobs to I'll laugh anyway.

We need more boob math in here.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I knew keeping up with this thread would pay off sooner or later.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't get what the joke was, but it was about boobs to I'll laugh anyway.
    It's okay, you're blonde.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Congratulations, you've mesmerized my cat. He looks just like this cat but thinner, and he can't stop staring at this gif.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

How do you feel about this potential new Cid?
    >>> Was about damn time, and it only took them 15 FF games to realize this could be a good idea. SE, what a bunch of geniuses..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Apparently, Square Enix have included an Easter egg in FFXV where you can unlock a video of all the female characters performing Call on Me by Eric Prydz.

Here we go again. No Cid was "sexified" until they decided to make a female Cid. Granted Square Enix is pretty notorious for sexifying their male characters too, but every other Cid was for the most part fully clothed. Why does this one have to be showing her breastses? Because she's a female Cid? Is it supposed to be okay because they made her mechanic? Give me a break Square. I'm quite tired of any form objectification in a character. I would love for just sophiscated characters who don't have to have a sex appeal to be interesting. I'd rather the most interesting thing about them be their skills and backstory.

Gone is a world of video games that don't feature men as beef cakes or bishounen with abs, and girls with huge boobs and mini skirts parading about. They make characters that don't even look like real people anymore. I wasn't going to buy this game, but now I am really not buying it. Their last few games have been pure suck anyway.

By the way we can see all of you rep, so stop with snarky rep comments AND the snarky posts.

Yeah? Welcome to the 21st century. You should see what qualifies as a "model" now. (Male or female). You should watch a movie and pay attention to the main actors. Then watch ten more and see if you can place a pattern. Then, just for giggles, you should look at art work, and see what the general theme for people that are drawn or painted.

If you think it's just video games that are moving in this direction, then I don't really know what to tell you. If you're not getting FFXV because of that, then I'm sure nobody will care. Because frankly that reasoning is flawed and mind baffling. If you are not personally interested in the game, then by all means, ignore it blissfully. But to ignore it because of "sexifying" characters? Something that every media in every medium of entertainment in the modern era is also guilty of? I'm sorry but that is insane. You must hate a lot of games, music, art, and people in general.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You must hate a lot of games, music, art, and people in general.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Caelum View Post
    But to ignore it because of "sexifying" characters? Something that every media in every medium of entertainment in the modern era is also guilty of? I'm sorry but that is insane.
    So because sexist depictions of characters happen in all media, but not necessarily all works in any given form of media, it's insane to ignore the ones that do rely on sexist depictions of characters? Do you think by ignoring the sexist stuff it means there's no works in any form of media that one could still consume? Because that would actually be insane. Luckily that's not true.

The design is perfectly fine. I've seen women with more cleaveage IRL. Cidney having her mammaries hanging out isn't sexist. All that matters to me is how the character will be written. Hopefully, she'll be a relatively strong willed female character.
    There once was a thug named Brown.
    Who bum rushed a cop with a frown.
    6 bullets later
    He met his creator
    Then his homies burnt down the town.