Thread: FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #99 - Part Two!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #99 - Part Two!

Welcome back to this edition of Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week, where we show the best of the best from DeviantArt! Last week's artwork had some breathtaking beauty on display, and this week we'll see a new set of artists get a chance to show off their skills. And what's more - this is just part one! I'll be submitting two articles today because it's Christmas week, and I feel like being extra generous. I hope you enjoy both of today's showcases - look out for the next one, it'll be soon! But you're not here for the text... let's get on with the art!

Flan Sundae Copy by likelikes

I know it's Christmas week, and that means for most of us it's smack in the middle of winter, but come on - ice cream is for all times of the year, right!? Of course, I'm a little hesitant to eat this particular sundae... it looks like it's alive! What's more, I get the creepy feeling the ice cream is about to throw elemental magic at me before I can get my spoon. Great work by likelikes, who managed to really give off that American Diner feeling with the great style used in this image.

Garnet Til Alexandros XVII / Dagger by ScarlettIwater

Woah, I'm seeing double! How do you like your Final Fantasy IX princess - Garnet or Dagger? You gotta say, she rocks both the soft, elegant look and the more confident, rockin' look. Personally, I'm a sucker for long hair and a beautiful dress on a lady, but no matter which option you go for, you know it's been drawned damn nicely by Rossella, aka ScarlettIwater, so enjoy the ladies drawn by the lady herself in this clever piece.

Final Fantasy 7 Redesign - Midgar by e-mendoza

I mentioned in part one of this week's showcase that landscapes are totally my bag, and here we see a reimagined Midgar, and it's two for the price of one as Cloud first stands high on a rooftoop in his Gothic redesign, before delving into the depths of the slums in the second part of this fantastically drawn piece. I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say that I would love to see more of this, it's absolutely beautiful despite the dark, damp atmosphere he's expertly inserted into the image. I bow to you, Eddie, this is awesome!

Yuna Chibi by DanikaMorningStar

From dark and gothic to bright and adorable, it's a fantastic Chibi Yuna here to lighten everyone's mood! This week is pretty lady-heavy, actually... but I can't help it! The best art gets in! Danika's digital artwork here is one of the most finely detailed Chibi artworks I've seen in a very long time, and I have a whole lot of appreciation after watching her creation process in this excellent YouTube video. Be sure to check it out!

Lumina by slapmyface

Lumina was my favourite thing about Lightning Returns (that post-credits cutscene, though...) and the amusingly named slapmyface has got drawn my favourite mischievous girl with all the attitude I loved her for. slapmyface hasn't been as active with creating Final Fantasy FanArt - let alone any art - but says we should expect more art next year. If it's anything like this, we're all in for a treat!

Princess Sara Altney by ShaeUnderscore (cosplay) and David Vuong (photography)

And now for the second of today's two Cosplays of the Week! You know what I love? I love it when people cosplay the lesser known characters in the series. The old school Final Fantasy games don't get a huge amount of love, and when they do, you can generally be pretty sure it'll be Rydia, Kain, Cecil or perhaps one of the FFVI crew. But here we get to see Lady Sara Altney of Final Fantasy III, probably the least cosplayed game in Final Fantasy history. And I'll be damned if Shae hasn't done a beautiful job of it! And if you think this is good, you better go check out her Tumblr where there are even more shots of Shae rocking the royal garbs of Sasune.

What do you think of all these wonderful pieces? Are you on DeviantArt? Do you have any favourite artists there? Let us know by leaving comments on this article and, of course, click the photos to be taken to the respective DA pages so you can leave comments for them, too! Finally, if you're registered on DeviantArt, be sure to follow the EyesonFF DA Group!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Flan Sundae and the cutest Garnet ever! Thanks for sharing this.

Blog Entries

Waaahhhhhh love!!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm suddenly in the mood for some ice cream.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

In case anyone is curious, I've had a pretty awful time trying to get a cosplay artist + photographer to get back to me with approval (probably because of the Christmas holiday period), hence the delay in this week's Showcase. Still working on it!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

The redesign of Midgar let me speechless...so beautiful! I fell transported to the city