View Poll Results: Would you like to see an FFX-3?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES PLEASE

14 35.00%
  • Maybe/undecided

9 22.50%
  • No. Oh god no.

13 32.50%
  • No, but I would like to see other games set in Spira.

1 2.50%
  • Other (Tell us in the thread!)

3 7.50%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you like to see an FFX-3?

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The more I think about it, the more a prequel sounds really cool. To be in Zanarkand before all of that stuff went down would be really exciting. I think a pre-prequel when like Shuyin and Lenne were still alive would pretty dope.

If you're on Reddit, you've seen this already, but for those who haven't...

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    The more I think about it, the more a prequel sounds really cool. To be in Zanarkand before all of that stuff went down would be really exciting. I think a pre-prequel when like Shuyin and Lenne were still alive would pretty dope.
    You're right!! I'd play the hell outta that prequel. The war, and Sin... would make a pretty epic game.
    "The Save Sphere debacle of 2014: Never Forget"

reddit is the devil.
    "The Save Sphere debacle of 2014: Never Forget"

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I just think it is too little too late. If they tried now we would just get an awkward and clunky game like FFIV:TAY. But I might reconsider if it had a mini game called Laugh Hero where you have Tidus adjust his laugh to the hits from 70s progressive rock bands. Yes. That wasn't me agreeing with my own statement. I just think the band Yes should be apart of that list.

But for real, I think if they made Blitzball more free form that would be cool, but I don't see Square putting effort into something like that if they ever did revisit this universe yet again.

Give me a prequel! There. That's all I want from the FFX legacy. I'd like the idea of a Yunalesca period prequel so they have more creative freedom but I do fear hwo that'd go, I'd rather see Jecht, Auron and Braska's story. I've seen a few RPs chronicle the machina wars quite nicely but I don't think it's something too functional outside of perhaps a tactics style game. I mean hey, if Revenant Wings can be a sequel, so can FFX: Machina Wars. It'd kill me if it was tower defence though.
    "And if all the world is but a song of swords and spells then where on the threads of fate must we lie?"

If the game cantered on those three I would buy a PS4 just to play it, shame it won't happen!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by metagloria View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    No such much an X-3...maybe an X-2-2.
    Square Enix will see that as X-Tutu and it will be a whole game based on Paine learning ballet.
    Kinect/PS4 Move capability and I'm in.
    OMG, be careful what you wish for! xD I think if it were to happen though it would be more along the lines of something like Persona 4: Dancing All Night.

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    If it were to be set in Spira before Sin first attacked, then yes, I'd welcome a X-3. Imagine a huge open world game with sprawling cities and Machina lining the horizons. No more world map with an automated airship that just takes you from place to place. We could get a true feel for how the whole world was before the events that took place at the start of X, fully exploring the Metropolis that was Zanarkand and other parts of the world that we didn't get to see before Sin struck. So yes, I'd be for it if it were a prequel. But a sequel? I see no logical continuation of the story. I doubt they'd do a prequel though, so I voted undecided.
    I just fired up the remaster tonight, and once I got to Besaid and heard Wakka's speech about how there used to be machina cities everywhere...1000% this. This is the only scenario that would make sense, and it would be absolutely gorgeous. Imagine a high-technology game set during the era when Yu Yevon rose to power and formed Sin. Giant cities everywhere, but then Sin starts wiping them out and you experience the aftermath as he wreaks havoc on Spira, and have to eventually discern a way to stop his rampage, leading to the Final Summoning and first Calm. Yes please, sign me up.
    LET'S MAKE A PETITON.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Yeah, they have a really interesting backstory which isn't really discussed at length in FFX-2.

If you're on Reddit, you've seen this already, but for those who haven't...

AHAHA! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Thief Zidane View Post
    If the game cantered on those three I would buy a PS4 just to play it, shame it won't happen!
    But it "could" happen. Have fayth
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

FFXIV Character

Kai Windflower (Sargatanas)

I'm still pro-new idea camp. I'm interested in J.K Rowling showing us if she can write something new and just as encaptivating as interesting as her previous world. I'm not particularly interested in Harry Potter: The Mid-life Crisis Years...after all the good stuff had happened, and Ron becomes Head of Admissions for Hogwarts. I'd rather take creativity, and channel it in a new direction, but for it to actually be, ya know, good.

At this rate, we will need verse and paragraph numbers suffixed after each main title entry.

you know what I want instead of FFX3?!!!! for real!!!!!!

A PREQUEL!!!

With Braska, young Auron, and Jecht!!! only three characters!!!

Come on, tell me you wouldn't be stoked to play a game like that. I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but that's what I've been saying for a while now!
    Last edited by individual23; 04-05-2015 at 06:05 AM. Reason: fixed

I would be happy with another one as long as it would be challenging. I thought FFX was a lot harder and FFX-2 was a piece of cake.
    I prequel would be amazing though!

A prequel would be nice. It's only a question of who should the characters be. Jecht, Braska, and Auron would be a story about friendship, while Shuyin and Lenne's would be a story about love.

As for a sequel, they could do away with it, I just don't know how they'll insert a boss in the middle of the eternal calm. Maybe Seymour? He always returns, so he could be a good boss.
    "Hope is comforting. It allows us to accept fate, no matter how tragic it might be."
    FF Player, Proud student of Eckbacke IT School

No. The first 2 were great games. But honestly. I've had enough Spira. Would love to see a new Final Fantasy game.