Thread: The Fighting Thread!

Default The Fighting Thread!

This is a thread for all things MMA(this includes boxing).

There are some big UFC cards coming in January(barring any injuries):

Jan 3- UFC 182 JONES VS. CORMIER

Jan 18- UFC FIGHT NIGHT MCGREGOR VS. SIVER

Jan 24- UFC FIGHT NIGHT GUSTAFSSON VS. JOHNSON

Jan 31- UFC 183 SILVA VS. DIAZ

Also Machida v Dollaway is on fox sports1 right now.

Used to be a pretty big UFC fan, and I am really looking forward to the Jones card, and will probably tune in to the Silva return.

Honestly though, I find UFC so bloated and uninteresting these days that I've stopped tuning in most of time. I'll occasionally dip back in but I'm usually disappointed. That said, I did watch 181 and it was the first card I've truly enjoyed for about a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Crop View Post
    Used to be a pretty big UFC fan, and I am really looking forward to the Jones card, and will probably tune in to the Silva return.

Honestly though, I find UFC so bloated and uninteresting these days that I've stopped tuning in most of time. I'll occasionally dip back in but I'm usually disappointed. That said, I did watch 181 and it was the first card I've truly enjoyed for about a year.
    Yea i kinda agree with your assessment of the UFC currently. Like this CM Punk signing, for example. He will probably get a top 10 fighter his first fight, just because he's famous, and the UFC wants a nice cash grab. Completely disrespecting the rest of the division.

The jones vs cormier should be a really fun watch. I'm rooting for Cormier, but I wouldn't bet any money on it. But it's the Gustaffson vs Johnson fight that I think has potential to be fight of the year. Don't miss that match(and I would advise not blinking during that fight either ). Both Lawler vs Hendricks fights were pretty great.