Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Are you getting him mixed up with Superman?
    No. Pick up a comic.
    I've read many a comic and I can't think of any where the Hulk has been stated or shown to have a specific vulnerability to magic. Note that not being able to lift Mjolnir and being hit by really powerful magical spells that would deck any super powered individual don't really count as being weak to magic any more than Cap being caught in a nuclear blast would be a weakness to radiation.
    Wow. I don't see why being susceptible to magic doesn't count as being weak to magic. Huge *facepalm* Considering magic is the only thing that can really effect him, I'd say yes, that does count.

Read moar comics. Googling doesn't count.
    How is magic the only thing that can really affect him? Anything that's powerful enough, magic included, will smurf him up but it's not a specific weakness to magic. He'll still recover from it just as quickly. Matter manipulation and altering reality might be the only things that legitimately can mess him up in some permanent fashion, but those aren't limited to magic users. A mutant pulling the same tricks will do as much damage as any magic user.

And I feel safe in the assumption that I probably have and do read more comics than the majority of people here thanks.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Poor Hawkeye

Fun fact: I own a Hawkeye washcloth. I got it for a buck at the dollar store. And you'd better believe I use it all the time, like the responsible and super adult 31 year old that I am.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Cap being caught in a nuclear blast would be a weakness to radiation.
    Humans do have a weakness to radiation. Superman's ability to withstand radiation isn't his specific superpower. Being susceptible to radiation is merely mankind's weakness. Not saying there aren't specific types of radiation that can hurt Superman or other aliens and creatures, but humans are so far the only ones who are susceptible to EVERY KIND OF RADIATION. That is a specific weakness. So for Hulk to feel any effect at all from magic, in due consideration of his otherwise invulnerable state, would translate to a weakness to magic as it is the most suitable weapon to be utilized in attempt to subdue him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty
    Natasha played a better role than Hawkeye could have. Having her brainwashed would force a team of dude heroes have to come rescue her in the classic damsel in distress scenario that the rest of the world is trying to move away from.
    Ahem. Classically, that damsel in distress isn't trying to kill you. Unlike some, I'm not afraid to put a female character in a position where it appears she has to be rescued just because it might come off like some typical Arthurian romance. I think Natashya would have continued to prove herself an interesting character even while under the control of Loki's scepter.
    Well, you should be. Putting women in a position like that doesn't require any sort of boldness, all it takes is unfair stereotypes. The damsel is an overused stereotype just like the hilarious gay friend in the cast for comedy. It perpetuates a stereotype that girls need to be rescued all the time, and we don't. Being rescued keeps us from being the heroes in the stories because we're just a cog for motivation of the hero. aka women in refrigerators

I would have been pissed if Natasha was mind warped by Loki when any one if the several male characters could have been. Thankfully, Joss Whedon agrees with me on the damsel in distress nonsense and is all about creating empowered female characters.