Thread: Disney Songs

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Disney Songs

ToriJ and I were just discussing Disney songs, which I felt like bringing up for discussion.

What are your favorite Disney songs ~*~AND~*~ what do you think they say about your personality?

My songs are 1) God Help the Outcasts, 2) I Won't Say I'm In Love, 3) A Whole New World, and 4) I'll Make a Man Out of You.

1) I have a healthy amount of compassion for misfits and nerds and otherwise my peeps in general. Collect all the outcasts! but seriously, compassion for those suffering due to poverty or who need help and can't find it due to general misfortune for whatever reason. 2) I'm stubborn as all hell, and wishy-washy to boot. 3) waaaaaaanderluuuuuust 4) obviously because I'm a PERSISTENCE IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS or some dumb motivational thing here

Articles
    Blog Entries

1.) Part of Your World
    2.) Let it Go
    3.) Be Prepared
    4.) Not One of Us

1.) Because I like adventure even if I don't admit it? 2.) Wanting to be true to who I am regardless of what others think 3.) I'm an evil mofo? 4.) I sympathize with the outcast?

Making me have to think why I like things. Grr.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This is gonna be hard! It's been a long time since I've seen many of the Disney movies, so I'm sure I'll be missing songs.

1)Be Prepared
    2)Hellfire
    3)Prince Ali Reprise
    4)One Jump Ahead
    5)Belle
    6)I can go the distance
    7)Portobello Road
    8)Substitutiary Locomotion
    9)Everything the rooster sings in Robin Hood
    10) On the Open Road

1-3) I just really like good villain songs. They're so fun to sing as well. Perhaps I'm villainous?
    4-5) Both of these are incredibly catchy, and they do a great job of establishing the world of each movie. That's always something I appreciate in a musical I suppose. Belle also has the benefit of me being in Beauty and the Beast in high school! I was the baker in this song! Marie! The baguettes! Hurry up!
    6) This is there mainly just because of my days I had an obsession with barbershop quartet music. I really liked Vocal Spectrum's version of the song, and it gets stuck in my head a lot. It's a bit inspirational, but the reason I like it has nothing to do with the movie.
    7-8)Bedknobs and Broomsticks is just fantastic in general. No idea what these say about me. I do like how you have the sort of quieter, sadder moments in Portobello road and then the contrasting ridiculousness of Substitutiary Locomotion. Kind of like the movie itself with the more dreary live action actors contrasting with the colorful animation.
    9) I like more folksy songs sometimes
    10) This is also really catchy and I enjoy singing it sometimes, especially after doing it for that karaoke thing a while back. All in all, these songs say that I just like to sing good music?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

My two favorites are:

1.) I Wanna Be Like You
    2.) Under the Sea

For no other reason than I think they are absolutely the catchiest songs in the Disney song library. I Wanna Be Like You, in particular, is criminally underrated. Dat rhythm. It's so friggin catchy. I love me some Louis Prima. Also the guy who brought us Jump Jive and Wail.

Seriously if the ending of this song doesn't make you want to dance I don't know what to do with you

actually this whole movie was filled with GREAT songs

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

1. Reflection
    2. On the Open Road
    3. I Just Can't Wait to be King
    4. Hakuna Matata
    5. That one African song in The Lion King
    6. You'll Be in My Heart

1. Back when I was struggling through an emo phase and self-discovery this song fit me, now not so much. I know who I am, but it's still a damn good song.

2. It's just a happy go lucky song plus taps in to my wanderlust too.

3. My need to be like a boss in some way probably.

4. I often actually say to people who are freaking out or overwhelmed, "no worries". People I meet in NYC tend to be very uptight and neurotic.

5. I like Africa? And obviously I just really like the music in The Lion King.

6. I really like Phil Collins.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

In no particular order and without explaining because I'm a rebel (as much as one can be rebel while discussing their favorite Disney songs):

Under the Sea
    Prince Ali cause Robin
    He Mele No Lilo (the opening song to Lilo & Stitch)
    The openings to all the Saturday morning Disney cartoons: Duck Tales, Chip&Dale's Rescue Rangers, Talespin, Darkwing Duck, etc.

The Mandarin version of Let It Go is better than the English version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYYYH_ixucQ

Apparently there are people who dedicate a lot of time to deciding/rating/etc the various language versions of Disney songs. Seems kind of strange to me. German was really popular, too, for whatever reason.

FFXIV Character

Kai Windflower (Sargatanas)

Howard Ashman and Alan Menkin for the win mostly

1. Belle (Beauty and the Beast)
    2. Tale as Old as Time (Beauty and the Beast)
    3. Kill The Beast (Beauty and the Beast)
    4. Prince Ali (Aladdin)
    5. Hellfire (The Hunchback of Notre Dame) *AMAZING VILLAIN SONG A FEW PEOPLE FORGWETS!*

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Some of you are not following the rules

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Rules are for schmucks and old people.

So which is it. Are you an old person or a schmuck?

Does any song in a Disney movie count? If so, I'll nominate "Short People"

And here's why so shorty won't cry:

It makes fun of short people because short people are lesser humans.

Oh yeah, and what it says about me:
    I'm tall.
    Last edited by chionos; 01-24-2015 at 05:57 PM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

One of my favourite Disney songs recently (and always has been, really) but after seeing the Lion King live...

He Lives in You

I don't know what this says about me? Maybe that I'm a bit spiritual deep down or something? I just love it. Gives me goosebumps. I'm sure I can think of more at some point.

Also, Circle of Life is up there too.

Probably says I'm a real grand entrance kind of lady? I don't know? What does it say about me... I believe in HAAAAASSSAAABEEENNNNYAAAAAAAAMAAMMAAAAJEEEJUUUUJAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

1 Cinderella : A Dream is a wish your heart makes. [ This song helps me with my depression, it's sort of saying in a gentle and calming way, don't give up on your dreams and one day, you'll find the light at the end of the tunnel ]

2 The Little Mermaid : Part Of Your World [ It's very daydreamy, romantic and imaginative but it also has a strong will and desire and longing to escape from that depressive hole you're stuck in. You just want to be free. I would love to feel free ]

3 The Little Mermaid : Poor Unfortunate Souls [ I'm a bitch, but I never forget about that booooddy language ? ]

4 Lion King : Hakuna Matata [ I love to chillax and try not to worry ?]

5 Frozen : Love Is A Open Door [ I love Sandwiches ? ]

6 Oliver and Company : Why Should I worry ? [ Just don't give no smurfs ? ]

7 The Little Mermaid : Under The Sea [ Yeah, the human world is a mess alright. Sebs has a point ]

8 Mulan : I'll Make A Man Out Of You [ Want to be tough and no-nonsense, want to be strong ?]

9 Aladdin : Prince Ali [ like flashy and upbeat parades ?]

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Lockharted View Post
    He Lives in You
    My favorite version of this song is the original that came with the Rhythm of the Pride Lands CD waaaaaay back when the movie was first released

While we're talking about chanting type of stuff another FANTASTIC one is Transformation from Brother Bear. Serious chills every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Hey, I told you what my choices say about me. That I like catchy songs (and apparently also songs that give you chills)!

edit: may as well toss in Vuelie from Frozen

Last edited by Pike; 01-24-2015 at 10:30 AM.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I actually really like Reflection, Colors in the wind, and A whole new world.

what they say about me? idk lol
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

1.) Just Around The Riverbend - Pocahontas

I've never been one to do things "by the book". I march to the beat of my own damn drum & always have. I didn't have a conventional childhood or adolescence. And I don't necessarily have a "normal" life now. I've taken lots of risks and leaps and had tons of ups and downs in life. So I think this song probably fits me the best by far.

2.) Let It Go

I don't necessarily relate to it in the way others might. But over the last few years, I've started to not hold my tongue so much if/when someone says something sideways to me. I'm less worried of what people think of me now and not afraid to voice my opinion or be brutally honest with someone.

3.) Hakuna Matata

Because I like to be carefree. In spite of all the stresses and downs I've dealt with (& still am), I try to stay positive and happy at all times. I absolutely hate when someone ruins my vibe or kills my spirit over something.

4.) Be Our Guest

I love entertaining people even though I have no friends. I love making appetizers and snacks and having drinks. Even if it's just my boyfriend and me! Like for NYE, I made a spinach artichoke dip with Sun dried tomatoes & bacon, crab cakes with a chipotle-lemon mayo dip, bacon wrapped walnuts, , and idk what else. And we had a bottle of champagne for midnight!

And when my "little sister" came to NYC, I got her a bath towel that velcroes on so you don't have to wrap/tuck, and a mini shower gel/lotion/loofah set, and a couple of magazines to read.

That's all I can think of for now. Heh.