Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend PSP Games

Quote Originally Posted by Ergroilnin View Post
    I hate that there isn't Persona 2: Eternal Punishment on the PSN At least not on the EU one.
    You can make a north American account and get it that way. Mirage recently explained how. I'd explain but I haven't actually tried it yet

Well I do know the way how to get other region store games but it's such a hassle (pretty much goes to either having two vita cards or backing up the vita and resetting the device completely each time you want to play the other region game unless there is some newer better way I didn't hear of yet) and it's still really stupid how one game of the same serie is on the store and the second one isn't :/

Hm.. I got the impression it wasn't such a big deal. Does one firmware not recognize games downloaded from another region's store? I presumed once it was downloaded it could be played regardless of the origin or the firmware or whatever. Either that, or the PS3/PS4 don't care, and the people doing this, are downloading them with a console, and then moving them to the PSP/Vita by connecting them to the console rather than having them connect to a foreign PSN themselves

Yeah I think that it's supposed to be way easier with PS3/4 unfortunately I only own Vita so I would have to do this tedious work all the time. It's something about Vitas system being locked on the store you first use so you have to reset it for other stores or something.

I think I understand. I have a VitaTV and I was going to buy Persona 3 Portable for PSP for my girlfriend off of PSN, and let her download it on the VitaTV and play it on the TV. But when we tried to log her in, the system threw a fit about her not being the one registered to the console and stuff

PS3 and 4 let you switch out users easily, so it probably goes together with switching e-mails and regions and stuff pretty easily. The Vita likes to lock itself to one user, and also to one region. Kinda sucks. Sorry about your luck then

Blog Entries

Oh, Tori.....why did you ask for this?

*sigh* But just because I like you

Crimsongem Saga (RPG)
    Breath of Fire III (RPG) (JP and EUR only)
    Death Jr.
    Dragoneer's Aria (RPG)
    Mega Man: Powered Up
    Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X
    Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins
    Hexyz Force (RPG)
    Black Rock Shooter
    Hammerin' Hero
    Darkstalkers Chronicles: Chaos Tower
    Valkyrie Profile Lenneth
    Gurumin
    Class of Heroes 1 and 2
    Cladun 1 and 2
    Dungeon Explorer
    Hot Shots Tennis: Get A Grip
    ZHP (roguelike)
    Ape Quest
    Popolocrois (RPG)
    R-Type Command (tactics RPG)
    FF1 and 2
    Namco Museum Battle Collection
    Guilty Gear Judgment
    Danball Senki (robot battling RPG, JP only)
    Final Fantasy 4 Complete
    God Eater
    Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner (RPG)
    Kingdom of Paradise
    Legend of Heroes series
    Lunar remake
    Metal Gear AC!D 2 (great game)
    Wild Arms XF (SRPG)
    Outrun 2006
    Phantasy Star Portable 1 and 2
    MGS Peace Walker
    Yggdra Union
    Grand Knights History (RPG, JP only)
    Any Tales game (especially Twin Brave, but most of the games are JP only, if you need a more detailed list, I can make one)
    Jeanne D'Arc (SRPG, similar to FFT)
    Ys Seven (RPG)
    Kenka Bancho Badass Rumble (also try KB5, but it's totally in Japanese)
    Any and all Persona games
    Star Ocean 1 and 2
    Brave Story: New Traveler (RPG, very fun)
    Alien Syndrome
    FF Tactics: War of the Lions
    Both Capcom Classics collections
    Power Stone Collection
    Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
    Capcom Puzzle World
    Dracula X Chronicles
    The Con (fighting)
    Def Jam: The Takeover (fighting/wrestling)
    7th Dragon 2020 (RPG, JP only)

I'm totally blanking on other games right now, but there was a wealth of good games for the system
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Rez09 View Post
    EDIT: Now with spoiler tags, so it doesn't look like a trainwreck of text! Huzzah!

Valkyire Profile, Star Ocean: First Departure, and Star Ocean: Second Evolution
    Immediately coming to mind are the remakes/ports of three of Tri-Ace's titles, Star Ocean: First Departure and Second Evolution, and Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth. If you haven't played any of the original games, all three are worth picking up, as they are excellent titles with fun/interesting item creation and combat. In particular, Valkyrie Profile's combat relies on chaining your attacks together for bonus xp or stamina restoration, while the Star Ocean games play out in real-time. I also enjoy the stories in all three games, though I know of at least one who dislikes SO1's story, and I love the characters in all three, though I'd leave Rena and Claude dead in a field somewhere if that were an option in SO2 and the experience would be much improved. Of the three, Lenneth is the one I recommend the most, due to how unique and well done it is, then probably Second Evolution. First Departure is still my favorite in the series, but most people seem to enjoy the second title more overall from what I've seen.

Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins
    There was a continuation of the Ghouls and Ghosts series on the platform, Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins, which I don't hear people talk about . . . ever, and I honestly don't know why. It controls as well as every entry before it, remains challenging, and has a nifty equipment system that expands upon the one in the SMS version of Ghouls 'n Ghosts. Even better, it has a difficulty option that allows the player to select how they want the game to feel, the most difficuly emulating the classic difficulty of previous titles while the 'normal' difficulty allows the player to respawn where they died instead of at preset check points. Much like the MM remakes and Dracula X Chronicles, I CANNOT recommend this title enough if you were a fan of the Ghouls 'n Ghosts series.

Prinny: Can I Really be the Hero
    Along these lines of more iffy recommendations, there's also Prinny: Can I Really be the Hero, which is a challenging platformer spinoff of the Disgaea series. The game is a whole lot of fun and controls excellently, and I enjoyed it thoroughly, but I've been told it kills the player a bit too much, so while I didn't mind that, it seems other people did, so be aware of that before jumping into the experience.

Also, Disgaea 1 + 2 if you're into tactics based games and not a terrible human being. All of the games listed above are games that I have for my PSP.