View Poll Results: Do you require a daily dose of caffiene to function?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 42.42%
  • Of course not.

19 57.58%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you require a daily dose of caffiene to function?

Not really. I only drink coffee when I feel like it and when I'm craving that coffee taste. I have gastritis so as much as possible I refrain from drinking caffeine. There are low acid coffee available but they still make my stomach ache when drank early in the morning.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Not anymore. I was drinking entirely too much soda and when I decided I wanted to improve my quality of life and get in shape, I quit cold turkey.

For a few days afterwards I would walk past it in the store like

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

*hourly

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Because chemically speaking, Tea has as much caffeine in it per cup as coffee (mostly because of equivalent strengths and measures and what-not) I'm going to have to say yes. However, a cup of coffee or a cup of tea in the morning is not nearly as important as the daily ritual I perform on waking up. You know, the hour or more of preening myself to ensure that when I walk out the door in the morning I look glorious.

Seriously, average morning for me looks like this:

- Wake up at 5:15am - straight in to the shower
    - .5:30am (I like long showers) get dry, put underpants on
    - Drink 125ml of Protein shake
    - Get ironing board and iron begin ironing
    - 5:45 - 6:00am (depends on how tough the suit was to iron today) get in bathroom, begin tidying up the facial hair with razors, tweezers, scissors whatever it takes
    - Moisturize face and neck, also elbows (I get super dry skin on my elbows)
    - Style hair
    - 6:30am - Get dressed (if my housemates are moviing around I may have already put my trousers on)
    - 6:35am - Grab a pack of porridge to take to work and if time have a cup of coffee/tea
    - 6:45am - Brush Teeth
    - 7:00am - Head to work

Note, this is if I'm starting at 7:45am, on weeks where I start at 7am I shave 10 minutes off the shower and skip coffee/tea. I also find a way of not spending quite as much time grooming as I normally do so that I can wake up around the same time but spend only an hour getting ready (leaving for work at 6:15am latest) not 105 mins!

I am fully aware how vain that above ritual of getting ready every morning makes me. I'm also very much aware that most girls are quicker.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I have a cup of tea in the morning and occasionally a cup at night, but it's more for the enjoyment of drinking the tea than it is because I need a perk-up.
    This pretty much sums me up.

It isn't a necessity but I do enjoy an early morning and early evening cuppa. My evening cup is usually accompanied by some rich tea biscuits.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Because chemically speaking, Tea has as much caffeine in it per cup as coffee (mostly because of equivalent strengths and measures and what-not) I'm going to have to say yes. However, a cup of coffee or a cup of tea in the morning is not nearly as important as the daily ritual I perform on waking up. You know, the hour or more of preening myself to ensure that when I walk out the door in the morning I look glorious.
    There's like 3 times as much caffeine in coffee when it's ready to be served as a liquid in a cup. Of course, it'll vary with the kind of coffee and tea you use(espresso has like twice as much as "standard" coffee), but it's nowhere near the same amount in each type of drink.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?