View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on Valentine's Day?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's so sweet, I love it

8 20.00%
  • Well, chocolate is involved, so it can't be all THAT bad...

6 15.00%
  • I have no opinion either way.

5 12.50%
  • I don't like it, but only because I'm single.

4 10.00%
  • It's kinda dumb, but oh well.

10 25.00%
  • WORST HOLIDAY EVER, IT'S RAMPANT CONSUMERISM GONE MAD!

0 0%
  • Other

7 17.50%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are your thoughts on Valentine's Day?

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    I personally don't get that "being romantic on this arbitrary day instead of the rest of the year" because you can do both you know. I'm in a relationship now where we do romantic things for each other on random days because we feel like it and on holidays. Just gives another reason for them, in my opinion!
    Yeah, I know that now. That was just one of the things I imagined was true to help me hate Valentine's day

Blog Entries

I've already had my Valentine's (& any other lovey holiday. Like Mother's Day) gifts/things.

My bf has done sooooo much to make my 30th (& lucky!) birthday special for me. I'm good for a long while.

If anything, he might buy me flowers & take me to dinner. But I'll probably cook for him & order a couple of things from Amazon for him.

Articles
    Blog Entries

As a kid I used to play with Valentine's Day cards and give them to fictional female characters.

I was such a playa.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's my favorite holiday of them all, and I always celebrate it, despite not being in a relationship with anyone. Nothing but love songs and at least one romantic movie, has been a tradition for me for years now.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Why wait until one day of the year to have a romantic day with your loved one? Also it's just another excuse to go in a chocolate coma, which can be fun, but I can do that any day of the week.

fdc6c4189b1786190acbd28d5f61231f83a5e4c7dae5a50f3e4317c1ad91b003.jpg

Though I believe Valentine's Day falls on restaurant week, so that's fun. I remember I did that twice for Valentine's Day and will likely do it again this year.

:monster:

I've never really cared for it, even when I was in a relationship. The chocolate is nice, though.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I'll be busy saving the world from a terrible fate. Majora's Mask has the heart shape if it's any consolation for people who were expecting love and candy answers.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Why wait until one day of the year to have a romantic day with your loved one?
    As much as I love Valentine's Day, I agree with this comment, and will take this advice once I actually have a loved one.

I recently ended a yearlong relationship.

This, of course, means that I'm on a roll, and it's time to go solo.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not so big into "traditional" romance and I'm not in a relationship so I'll probably buy everyone ninja turtle valentines and let that be it.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I used to be really down on the Holiday, no matter if I was in a relationship or not. I drew some crappy comics that expressed how I felt. I posted them here before, but what the hell, I'll do it again. Spoiler tagged for size and strong language in one.

(SPOILER)

This last one is WAY too big, so here is a link. Also the darkest. http://s148.photobucket.com/user/Sep...c85ec.png.html

EDIT: I might have had issues. Still do, but I might have had them.

As a die-hard romantic, I've always loved Valentines Day. I think it's all very well saying "you shouldn't need a specific day to show someone how much you care etc", but the reality is, in today's crazy world people do forget to show their loved ones how much they care and appreciate them.

I used to buy Valentines day cards for my parents too as they did for me- just a reminder how much we love each other. A couple of years ago I hand-made cards for all my closest friends and drove round to their house to deliver it along with a rose each. It's nice to make an effort and make someone feel special.

Saying that, it also depends what kinda person you're in a relationship with and whether they buy into the idea of Valentines Day or not...

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

It's a day where my partner & I can go for a nice meal and a few drinks. We might buy each other a little gift too, but it's a not a day (well mostly I) make a big deal of.

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    It's a day where my partner & I can go for a nice meal and a few drinks. We might buy each other a little gift too, but it's a not a day (well mostly I) make a big deal of.
    Yeah, this.

I think it's a nice thing to have, and I don't understand people that say "but why wait for Valentines, you should be like that EVERY DAY". I mean if you can do that every day with your partner even as the years roll by, power to you. I can do it on occasional days, and this just happens to be one of them. I don't do it up any more than one of the more random days that don't get dressed up by everyone, but this is the one that you have to stick with. It's like birthdays and Christmas and Halloween and New Years. You can do all of those things you do on those days any day. But it's cool to have a specific day for it alongside those more random 'surprise' dates.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

We can dress up and ask for candy any day we want?

Why was I not told about this?