View Poll Results: Have you ever bought a game console specifically for a Final Fantasy game?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have

17 47.22%
  • Not exactly, but FF factored into my decision

10 27.78%
  • Nope

8 22.22%
  • Other

1 2.78%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever bought a game console specifically for a Final Fantasy game?

i bought ps2 for final fantasy 10 but it wasnt the main reason i wanted to play gta games and metal gear solid too! but when ff10 came out it finalized my decision

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I was saving up for a PS1 to play FF7 on, but then it came out on PC.

The first console I ever bought, the PS2, I didn't buy expressly for a specific FF title but to catch up on the SE RPGs that didn't come out on PC/emulator.

When I put a mod chip in my PS2 it lost the ability to play PS1 games, so I bought a PS3 so I could still play FF Tactics.....
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Yes. Actually, I bought the PS3 only for Final Fantasy games and I will probably buy the PS4 for FF15.

Yep. And I've heard quite a few people say the same.
    In my own case, it was a PSP for Crisis Core. I might get a PS4 if FF15 reviews well too.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Didn't know which console to get after the Genesis. Wanted a 64 at first because of Mario 64, Kart, Zelda, and Goldeneye but VII singlehandedly swayed me in the other direction.

Also got a PS2 when FFX came out, although I wanted one before that, they were just too scarce.

The FFIII announcement got me to buy a DS Lite, was right around the time they launched.

Bought a PSP when the FFVII PSOne Classic release was announced alongside Peace Walker and Gran Turismo.

Got the PS3 for a number of games, of which was XIII and Versus XIII

Sad to say I bought a PS4 for a lot of games but Final Fantasy isn't really among them. I guess the E3 2013 XV trailer got me hype but everything I've heard about the game has been downhill from there. Hoping XVI turns out like something I wanna play.

Quote Originally Posted by Electroshock Therapy View Post
    I bought a PSP so I can play FF III without Nintendo's "friend code" bullcrap. Love you Nintendo, but please stop forcing your gaming social media down our throats just so we can play the game. Especially when it becomes obsolete and so extra content becomes unplayable!

I also bought it just so I can play the PSP version of FF IV. I'm glad, too, because it's my favourite version. I still haven't played the sequels, but I don't really care right now. I still have VI and onward to finish.
    PSP was the defacto FF machine in its day. I-IX and a lot of the best versions, too. Now Vita has I-X I believe? Hope XII gets remastered.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I bought a GBA for FFIV and VI.

Blog Entries

I got my PSP for Crisis Core.
    Dissidia coming out the following year was a nice bonus.

I also played a fair few classic FFs on it too.

Huh, I could swear I'd replied to this thread

It's funny how much I loathed Sony for stealing Square away from Nintendo, and I was an avid SEGA fanboy. But I had respect for my rival. And Sony came waltzing in and shaking things up where it wasn't even welcome and throwing off the whole balance

Those were the days..

Then my friend invited me over to play some random PS1 games just to see the system in action that I hated so much. I remember Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy VII. I have no idea what else there was as VII completely enraptured me for some reason. I obsessed over it for months and devoured every piece of information released on it. Magazines with big full articles, reviews, hints and tips sections, everything. I bought a bunch of stupid stuff relating to it while we had a PS1 in layaway. I even bought the game before I had my hands on the system x_x

That was bad. And I'd never been that way with any game before it. Amusingly enough I had the same thing happen with Xenogears when I rented it and then the store's copy of the game disappeared and I had to live without it. Eventually I found a copy at K-Mart and could not resist. Fortunately for both of these things I had parents who were very supportive and understanding of my addictions lol So that worked out. And I totally would have bought the system for Xenogears if I didn't already have it

Later, after VIII and IX disappointed me, I decided to give the next generation a chance and put a PS2 on Layaway with FFX. So there's that

My one FFVII friend also eventually sold me his SNES with FF2(4) and FF3(6). There were a few other games and we got the haul for $75 so I guess I bought an SNES for those two Final Fantasy games

My girlfriend was already getting a PS4, but if she weren't, I definitely would have for Type-0's sake. I've been super interested in this game for a long time. I did help her pay it off, so I guess kinda, but not really

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Funnily enough I bought a PS3 to play FFXIII, but I've yet to play it.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Yes.
    I like Kung-Fu.