Thread: Fargo (the series)

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Fargo (the series)

Has anyone watched this? I'm just turning it on now!

I've heard it's incredibly critically acclaimed and that Martin Freeman is, of course, phenomenal.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

yes I will double post in my own thread

So happy to see Special Agent Lundy in this! AND we've got sweet little baby-faced Tom Hanks, Jr.? Is Michael C. Hall going to show up soon, too?!

Feels a bit slow, but things are definitely interesting. True Detective also felt slow, and the payoff was phenomenal. I get the feeling of a very mild and not-quite-so-mindsmurfing David Lynchian setup going on, especially with some of the shots and panning.

I also like Billy Bob Thornton quite a bit, but there's something about him that I don't like. Like he's almost selling me on his calm-and-collected deranged-Joker-psychopath thing, but not all the way. I hope he pulls his act together a bit more after he has some time in his role.

Martin Freeman is quite swell! I was incredibly confused about his accent at first because it sounded like he couldn't make up his mind whether or not he wanted to be a Canadian, a Minnesotan, or an Irishman. He's doing pretty alright for it, though.

Excited to see where this series goes!

My dad used to go on about how good this show was, I really should start watching it and catch up.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like the Fargo movie, and I was very skeptical about this when i heard it was happening. I keep meaning to watch it now though since I've only heard good things.