View Poll Results: Do you regularly play games on your phone?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time!

3 10.71%
  • Sometimes

7 25.00%
  • Not really

11 39.29%
  • I don't have a phone/my phone doesn't really do games

6 21.43%
  • Other (Tell us in the thread!)

1 3.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you regularly play games on your phone?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I tried Angry Birds Epic but my god was it mind numbingly boring.

I play things here and there. Mostly just while having a good poop, so not a lot.

Not really. I have an Android tablet and phone and I've tried out some games but it has never become a habit.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

FreeCell! But lately FFT on the PSP has been taking up my time when I would normally game on the phone.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I play on my phone when a PSP or DS isn't handy. I'm really liking the game Threes. It's good for a quick brain teaser. Other games I loved are Cut the Rope, The Room 1 & 2, and Monument Valley.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I keep forgetting some really great games for PC have been ported to phone/tablet. And my tablet can actually play a good portion of them. Including Baldur's Gate (both enhanced and original), as well as Icewind Dale Enhanced (ditto), and hacks of Planescape: Torment and the other Infinity Engine games. Shadowrun Returns is on there, and I'd be surprised if my tablet couldn't run it. And lately I've been taste testing Avadon and Avernum games. And just found out that those are on there. I didn't really like Avadon when I got it off Humble Bundle. But now playing it on my tablet, I'm kinda getting into it

I bet games like Grimrock, and probably even Wasteland 2 and Divinity Original Sin could be ported onto tablet. But those two would be extremely hefty. And KoTOR was put on iPad. I would have bought that if they put it on Android

So I guess options are out there. But almost nothing that comes to mind when you think "phone game" or "tablet game". And certainly not the abysmal garbage that consistently tops the chart for highest rated or most grossing bull crap

Clash of Clans, yes.
    Do we have a dedicated CoC thread here??

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    I tried Angry Birds Epic but my god was it mind numbingly boring.

I play things here and there. Mostly just while having a good poop, so not a lot.
    Are your poops normally bad?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

My phone is so old-school all it has is sodoku and some other boring game. And that's all it can do. Really cheap phone that's a dinosaur compared to today's phones. But I'm good with it.

So to answer the question. No. No, I don't.

I keep trying games like paradise island, or empire z. In the end I just get bored and mad I wasted so much time. I have gotten used to carrying my psp around with random games.

If I could keep interested in stuff I would be happy, any ideas?

Yeah, typical mobile games like Flappy Bird or Angry Birds does that to me. Probably because they basically run on the old-school method of simply DOZENS of levels, or just plain old High Score challenges. In that regard, there's a LOT of NES games I can't play anymore for that reason as well (unless it's something uniquely addictive like Tetris). And pretty much the entire Atari 26/7800 library is out for me

That's why I've dug into finding more legitimate games like Baldur's Gate Enhanced or Shadowrun Returns (which isn't even all that good. But if Dragonfall is on mobile, that's a lot better)

There's also a lot of handheld ports, and emulators on there. I can think of quite a few SNES and PSP games available on there you could probably sink your teeth into. I'm considering getting FFVI now that my hate of the art direction has kind of worn off. And maybe it'd look better in action