View Poll Results: Have you ever broken a bone?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - more than one!

11 29.73%
  • Yes - just once.

3 8.11%
  • Nope!

23 62.16%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever broken a bone?

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Nope, somehow never have.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Nope.

(touch wood)

Hopefully it'll stay that way. If I do break a bone then I'm holding Pike personally responsible!
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

I've never broke a bone but I did slide on some marble floor and scrapped my knee-cap open. The cut was so deep that you could see the meat, the bone and the blood. I had stitches and it took weeks to heal properly.

Arm, leg, ribs, pelvis.

0/10, would not play again.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've broken too many bones to list here, seriously. Actually, we'll try. I may be here a while:

Head:

- Shattered Jaw between the upper canines, this consisted of over 16 individual breaks. I had my lower jaw broken in 2 places to help fix the resulting damage.
    - At least 3 separate occasions where my nose has been broken.
    - Fracture to the rear of the skull. This happened when my jaw was shattered though there was an incident a few years down the line which involves a marble door step what could have done this for me then too.

Upper body:

- 3 broken ribs

Arms:

- Broken wrist (right)
    - Twice fractured bones in the elbow (right)
    - Broken all fingers except the thumb on my right hand, broken 2 on the left hand.

Lower body:

- Broke my tailbone ice skating.
    - Right kneecap got smashed in 2 places.
    - Right ankle got broken in Year 4
    - Toes, pretty much all of these have been broken at some point or another. Both feet.

To add insult to injury; as if recovering from kneecapping your leg and breaking your ankle once isn't bad enough my right foot was also the one which went under the wheel of a vehicle. This did not break the bones (purely in my doctors opinion because they'd been broken before meaning they were slightly thicker than average) but it did smurf the medial ligaments and achillies tendon.

Somehow despite all these breaks and injuries over the years, especially to the right side of my body I'm pretty fortunate not to have much in the way of restricted motion/movement.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Never, but I've put a hole in one.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Steve is like EoFF's lightning rod for broken bones. Keep up the good work, son.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Nope, and I hope it will stay that way!

Blog Entries

I broke my right index finger once while playing cricket, when I was fielding in close and the ball got hit right at me. The captain was most unhappy that I had not only dropped a catch but that it had run away to the boundary for four runs. Nobody believed that I'd done any serious damage so I had to go in to bat in the next innings with 9 fingers. Not a course of action I'd recommend.

I have broken just about every toe,except my big toe, and my right pinky finger (which is now crooked lol). I've also fractured my arm because I'm really clumsy...

Blog Entries

I broke both of my right wrist bones in 6th grade while rollerblading.

My wrist still doesn't look right to me.

And I'm pretty sure I broke my tail bone last year when I slid down our stairs and busted my ass.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In my twenties, I was drunk at 3am and tried to hail a cab which was on the other side of the road. I didn't spot the one coming on my side was thrown to the other side of the road.

Broke my femur in two place, displaced my shoulder, lots of cuts and bruises. In hospital for nearly three weeks and off work for over three months.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Steve is like EoFF's lightning rod for broken bones. Keep up the good work, son.
    Can I uh quit that job because it sucks?

Seriously, you know you've done too many broken bones when things like toes and fingers don't merit trips to hospital. You just put them straight, then tape and splint them before knocking back some pain pills and carrying on.It's all the doctor would do and frankly the 4 hours in A&E's waiting room doesn't seem to be worth the time off.

(I've done that when I fractured two fingers, I've also re-located fingers and thumbs when dislocating them).

Nope. I did trip and bang my noggin on a generator, though. I was about six-ish. Needed stitches, but no broken bones.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

Broke an arm falling out of a bunk bed when I was 10. Broke a finger when I was 19 getting it caught in a car door.

And Steve, it might be time to invest in a bear suit. Or just coat yourself in protective foam.
    I need to get a real signature. Please let me know if you're into this sort of this and willing to help for the price of say, on the house.