Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Things that bug you in games

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Characters who say the same things over and over because the game designers are too lazy or cheap to get them to say more than just 10 phrases.

The worse is NPC's that only have 2-3 phrases and say it throughout the game. Basically Assassin's Creed's "I'LL HAVE YOUR HAND FOR THAT" or Skyrim's "THEN I TOOK AN ARROW TO THE KNEE." Really because you told me that story before 10,000 times.

People who camp. Stop camping. I will grenade you.

Little children on Xbox Live who act their age. You're too young to be playing games like Halo. Run along now before I spank you with my shotgun.

Awesome guns that are too expensive for me to buy in Borderlands but are timed so by the time I do get the money it's no longer available in the shop. fffffuuuuuuu

GTA smurfing with me by making the traffic more annoying when you have to do a car chase mission. I KNOW YOU DO THIS ON PURPOSE, ROCKSTAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    GTA smurfing with me by making the traffic more annoying when you have to do a car chase mission. I KNOW YOU DO THIS ON PURPOSE, ROCKSTAR.
    Well, yeah, they actually DO do that on purpose. (ps Saints Row is way better)

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    Well, yeah, they actually DO do that on purpose. (ps Saints Row is way better)
    Super agreed

Articles
    Blog Entries

Characters who say the same things over and over because the game designers are too lazy or cheap to get them to say more than just 10 phrases.
    Oh, god. This. All of this. I was just playing Buffy the Vampire Slayer for Xbox the other day and it had this exact problem. The vampire males kept saying "You can't win, Slayer. There's only one of you, and an endless supply of us." The girl vampires kept shouting "Chick fight!" and Buffy kept reusing the same lines. Eventually even the game got sick and tired of it and I lost the sound that contained characters' audio.

"Master suuuure likes his money."
    "What was that?"
    "NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINJA!"
    "Where'd you go?!"

I'm not sure the guards in Tenchu ever say anything else. xD

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

MY MONEY! MY MONEYYY!

Echigoya, where have you hidden?

It bugs me that people who can flip tanks can't handle a guns recoil. Here's liking at you master chief.

A real big annoyance is when you need skills to do simple stuff like jumping, and guarding for instance.

Let's add another real quick shall we? When you equip new weapons in games and it doesn't change the look in battles, or when carrying it around.*cough*the legend of dragoon*cough*.

I just thought of another thing I really hate -- when turning up the difficulty just makes you do less damage and makes the enemies do more. This is really annoying in Skyrim, where I'm NEVER in danger of being killed on max difficulty but it takes FOREVER to kill enemies. I wish they got smarter or had new attacks or . . . something. >.<

Yeah. Oblivion was even worse. There were actually quests that were unable to be completed due to them thinking that was how you manage difficulty. I forget the specifics, but in some dream world you had to fight minotaurs, an the equipment you're given couldn't cut it against them. I can't remember if they regenerated too fast, or if they were immune to the damage output at that difficulty or what. But I remember either they couldn't be damaged, or it'd take literally 3 hours to cause enough damage to matter, or something along those lines. It was wrecked. Totally ruined my playthrough on "hardest" difficulty

Ohhhh, that regeneration. It took me forever to kill Hircine's stag because of that crap and damage reduction. >_<

I eventually had to break character and make DoT poisons to kill the damn thing. D':

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Not having enough save points between challenges in the interest of 'difficulty'. It's one thing to have a challenging task that requires repetition to get better every time, but once I get through that task I don't want to have to do it again and again while I figure out the next 'challenge'.

One thing that really bugs me is stringing several challenging boss battles in a row with no downtime. If I die at the second boss then I have to go back and beat the first one again and that is annoying as smurf because I already spent 20 minutes on that stupid thing. That's why I love the advent of autosave.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Terrible follower AI. I think of this because I just did the Temple of Darkness in Tales of Symphonia, but I also got permanently stuck emulating Secret of Mana very early in the game because I went around a wall, my follower didn't, and the screen wouldn't let me go back. (And I state saved. Okay, that was my fault.)

Also, sneak levels and/or stolen-weapons levels. No. Let me use my freaking powerful weapons and run straight into the face of death!

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Its not a major complaint but when you have like 6-10 people and 3-4 fighters and you can't switch them out and if someone dies or your whole party gets KO'd the other 3-7 people are just like standing around I guess?

And I second the long times between saves. Give me some saves gosh darn it

My dad says the thing that bugs him most about games is that they're a waste of time

So is football, he says. But music is ok.