Thread: FanArt New Years Eve 2014! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #100!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default FanArt New Years Eve 2014! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #100!

It's FanArt New Years Eve! Welcome to another edition of Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week, where we show the best of the best from DeviantArt! Last week's artwork came over two parts to help kick in that Christmas cheer, and this week we'll see a new set of artists get a chance to show off their skills. But you're not here for the text... let's get on with the art!

Final Fantasy 15 Boy-band Selfie by NocturnalVentus

#bearselfies are dangerous and you should never, ever turn your back on a wild bear. Instead, wait for Final Fantasy XV to come out and take your photo in front of the most dangerous animals fiction has to offer. Then share it with your friends on Instagram. They won't think you're weird, don't worry. But seriously, I love this light hearted and very amusing art piece by NocturnalVentus, I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!

Lightning the Dovahkiin by Magochocobo

Who likes crossover art? I do! Especially when it's this good. Especially when it's Skyrim, because I really love that game. This beautiful work was put together by Magochocobo and features Square Enix's favourite leading lady alongside Bethseda's most majestic mount. The colouring in this image is amazing and really brings out Light's eyes. Also, gotta say, she looks badass in that armour.

Cloud Strife form Final Fantasy 7 - REDESIGN by UMTA

Speaking of badass, UMTA has put together this epic reimagining of Cloud and it is rockin'. It really has that post-apocalyptic vibe going for it and it seems Cloud has seen his fair share of battle, based on his blade... wouldn't mind seeing Cloud and company messing around in a Borderlands-like world.

Rinoa by skribleskrable

A beautifully created piece forced my hand into bringing skribleskrable back into the Showcase of the Week and isn't is gorgeous? Skrible loves FFVIII in a big way based on what we've seen so far, and we are more than happy to get more art up. This would make a great front of a t-shirt or picture on the wall, don't you think? Love it.

Final Fantasy 15 by Asaiba

Asaiba rocked our Final Fantasy VII: Moments project with four gorgeous pieces and now, free to create art for other games, FFXV has gotten the full treatment by one of our favourite Polish artists out there (for those unaware, Polish people rock the Final Fantasy FanArt world - at least in my experience!). In this piece we get to see an epic action shot. Top class art from a top class artist, thanks Asaiba!

FFXIII - Vidofnir by dualtsumi (cosplay) and James Giovanni Pan of gya-inc (photo)

Another amazing shot of another amazing cosplay and we have our Cosplay of the Week! This shot was actually from 2010 but was only recently uploaded. We're really grateful for this late posting as dualtsumi is looking excellent as Hope Esthiem and James has taken a truly fantastic shot. The colours in particular are amazing. Another great cosplay - and Eyes on Final Fantasy thanks you guys for your incredible work!

What do you think of all these wonderful pieces? Are you on DeviantArt? Do you have any favourite artists there? Let us know by leaving comments on this article and, of course, click the photos to be taken to the respective DA pages so you can leave comments for them, too! Finally, if you're registered on DeviantArt, be sure to follow the EyesonFF DA Group!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Is it just me or does Cloud look 20% cooler with bandages covering his face?

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Week 100! We've gone a long way, Fan Art Showcase.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Blog Entries

That Hope cosplay is incredible!

& I love the Rinoa!

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I thought that was a Tidus cosplay.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I like the Lightning piece the most.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Is it just me or does Cloud look 20% cooler with bandages covering his face?

^^ I agree with this one!

Anyways thanks for the publicity!