View Poll Results: Do you own a PS4 or Xbox One yet?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

16 47.06%
  • No, but I'm hoping to get one soon.

13 38.24%
  • No, and I don't know when/if I'll get one.

5 14.71%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you own a PS4 or Xbox One yet?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Speaking of not having room, my PC only has 5.67GB of space left.

I'm thinking some things are gonna have to take a hike.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Bloodborne, Samurai Warriors, Dynasty Warriors, better versions of Terraria, How to Survive, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Alien Isolation. There's FFT-0, with FFXV and KH3 on the horizon. My girlfriend has played through the PS4 version of Dragon Age: Inquisition multiple times, and owns the PS3 version as well. And there are multiple worthwhile enhancements to it, but most notably it is a lot less buggy and didn't freeze on her the way the PS3 version did
    Pretty much. Within the first year, my 500GB hard drive was already filled with games.

I'm gonna have to make some tough decisions this holiday
    What's so tough about deciding to buy a new HDD?
    I could get a 1TB for $50 but then I'd be in the same position by the end of the year. It's only worth it to get more but I can't justify spending $100+ when I could just delete some things instead.

Hence the tough decisions.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Playstation charges for PSN now whereas on PS3 it was apparently free. BALLS. Also I recently got a 120GB attachment for my 360 so it's unlikely I'll be getting a new gen anytime soon, but I plan on getting the PS4 when games that exclusive to it come out.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

2 weeks:

Yeah, about that...

I really wanted to play those games until I played the first ten minutes or so of the first game. The battle system scared me off in record time. It just feels incredibly awkward. I was still going to continue to play through it because I thought "Eh I can put up with it long enough to get through the storyline probably"....until I read that the storyline is sixty hours long. Which is a shame because I hear the story is pretty great.

The sequels look like they changed the battle system to something more in line with what I like, but I have this damned mental hangup with playing sequels without playing the first game. Meh.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

Not yet. I have the money saved for a PS4 for Type-0, but am not in any hurry since I'm playing the old FFs through. And I'm waiting for a decent deal.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    2 weeks:

Yeah, about that...

I really wanted to play those games until I played the first ten minutes or so of the first game. The battle system scared me off in record time. It just feels incredibly awkward. I was still going to continue to play through it because I thought "Eh I can put up with it long enough to get through the storyline probably"....until I read that the storyline is sixty hours long. Which is a shame because I hear the story is pretty great.

The sequels look like they changed the battle system to something more in line with what I like, but I have this damned mental hangup with playing sequels without playing the first game. Meh.
    The Witcher games are more like 30-40 hours long, more if you do a lot of side quests. Hang-ups aside, you really wouldn't have a problem jumping into 2 or even 3, as the stories are very much stand-alone - it's not overarching plots like Mass Effect or anything. Games like The Witcher 3 are the reason people buy GTX 980s in the first place.

The first game's combat is... unique but I look at it more like rhythm-based attacking and managing your spells in between strikes.. The heart of it is preparation - making sure you're using the right sword and combat stance, drinking appropriate potions applying the right blade coating beforehand. It puts you into the mindset of a professional monster hunter.

And the stories really are that good. Out of the modern WRPGs I've played that are plot and choice heavy, the Witcher games are far and away my favorites.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Egami View Post
    ...Also waiting for the new Metal Gear
    This.

MGSV is when I'll shell out for a PS4, finances permitting. I haven't been this genuinely excited about an upcoming release for a long time.

If FFXV turns out to be a good game and not just a visual sploogefest, it'll likely end up on my to-buy list as well.

All going well, hopefully the PS4 will still be a 'current gen' console when the next Elder Scrolls or Far Cry title drops too.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    2 weeks:

Yeah, about that...

The Witcher games are more like 30-40 hours long, more if you do a lot of side quests. Hang-ups aside, you really wouldn't have a problem jumping into 2 or even 3, as the stories are very much stand-alone - it's not overarching plots like Mass Effect or anything. Games like The Witcher 3 are the reason people buy GTX 980s in the first place.

The first game's combat is... unique but I look at it more like rhythm-based attacking and managing your spells in between strikes.. The heart of it is preparation - making sure you're using the right sword and combat stance, drinking appropriate potions applying the right blade coating beforehand. It puts you into the mindset of a professional monster hunter.

And the stories really are that good. Out of the modern WRPGs I've played that are plot and choice heavy, the Witcher games are far and away my favorites.
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to play them. I got The Witcher 3 free when I purchased my GTX 980 so I'm kind of obligated.
    I like Kung-Fu.