Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Games that NEED to be remade.

Kung-Fu Heroes has a great premise, it's just not very well conveyed. An optional tutorial would be helpful, even though they ran a print ad in a very early issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly that was basically that.

The point of this is, I don't see how anyone learned to play Kung-Fu Heroes without reading that print ad.

:monster:

Fine, I'll be the first one to say it: Final Fantasy VII. The game legitimately has a lot of flaws that could be fixed with a decent remake. Too bad Square Enix is incapable of doing one.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I'd like for someone to remake the xenosaga games with actually good gameplay, so that I could get through them.
    They did remake Xenosaga 1 and 2 for the DS.
    Of course, no one has translated it and I can't comment on the gameplay since I haven't touched it, but maybe there is hope?

I know there is a group looking at it, but I don't think anyone has touched it yet. I think they're intimidated, because just one episode of the Xenosaga franchise probably has a metric ton of text. Doing a combo pack would be quite the daunting task, unfortunately :/ But there is indeed definitely hope for that

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Fine, I'll be the first one to say it: Final Fantasy VII. The game legitimately has a lot of flaws that could be fixed with a decent remake. Too bad Square Enix is incapable of doing one.
    If they did remake it, I'd like for there to be a better explanation for why everyone splits up. Like, what do they do if they aren't with Cloud?

Secret of Mana is definitely up there, too. So much cut content. So much.

Sometimes games just need small tweaks, though. Like how in the DS version of Resident Evil 1, they map the knife to a shoulder button instead of making the player switch to it through the menu whenever they want to use it. Or how in the Dreamcast versions of all the RE games from 1 to 3, you can check your health and ammo.

:monster:

Oh yeah, I'm 100% on board with a Secret of Mana remake for sure. I'm even fine if they just release a SNES-looking version that has the cut content. I would pay good money for that. As long as it looks better than the character sprites on that iOS remake of FFVI.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Too Human had a great premise, the viking tale of the apocalypse told against a cyber/techno-sorcery backdrop with Diablo/Gauntlet style game play had literally oodles of potential. However, the execution of the project by the studio was deeply flawed.

Personally I put it down to the fact that the game was originally designed for the original xbox and then got postponed to be released for 360. The postponement meant a game which graphically would have been gorgeous 2 generations ago became less than average on the 360/ps3 generation. Other major flaws were the controls which put melee attacks on the right analogue stick as well as aiming for ranged attacks. The biggest and most annoying part however was the death animation, you will die playing this game A LOT it's a mechanic of the game. However, each death which can sometimes be 5 seconds of combat apart should not force you to sit through a minute long animation. There were certain mechanics taking place during the death animation sure, it caused a push back effect and some damage to enemies in melee proximity to your character and opened up some distance for you to bring ranged weaponry to bear by spawning you further back up the path but that should still have been handled off screen in about 2 seconds of processor use.

I'd also say that whilst the game had a great story proposal the level execution left a lot to be desired. The game shipped with just 4 missions to fight through (not counting the time spent in the virtual realm of Yggdrasil) but each mission lasted well over an hour. Sure games have proven that these big missions can be fun to co-ordinate with. However, when playing the game as a single player experience it meant that with the death count rising you'd be forced to crawl through these mission levels at a snails pace. The game was of course, like most Gauntlet/Diablo style games designed with teamwork in mind. However, even then finding 2 or 3 people who were able and willing to play a deeply flawed game for over an hour to complete just 1 mission is quite difficult. The game would have benefited greatly from an increased number of missions of shorter length telling the same story. Though this could possibly be skipped.

The game was supposed to be the first of 3, sadly the team making it went under due to how bad it failed. However, I'd love to see someone take the rights over, fix the poor controls and death animation decisions, properly fix the graphical qualities and re-release the game for either the 360/PS3 or XBO/PS4 generation. I truly think that with the right adjustments it'd be an amazing game to play and would sell well enough to justify finishing the story with the 2 sequels which were abandoned.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just want the analogue controls on Shadow of the Colossus to not be backwards.

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK, DAMMIT?!!

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

LEGEND OF LEGAIA!