View Poll Results: Have you ever played a SimCity game?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 75.00%
  • No

7 25.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever played a SimCity game?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

On every computer I have ever played Sim City games on, they have crashed out on me on numerous occasions. It's really frustrating. But yeah, definitely played 'em a lot. Is it just me they tend to bug out on? I dunno.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I was terrible at SimCity 2000 and too young to really understand or have the patience for it. The next one I played was SimCity 2013. Oops.

Now, of course, we are mere days away from Cities: Skylines taking the crown as the new Great City Builder Of Our Time

Default Speaking of SimCity games...

Not exactly a SimCity game, but it was in a similar vein. Found this rummaging around looking for games today, SimTown! It was a simplified version of SimCity, aimed more towards kids who want to play SimCity without overwhelming them. I don't see it that often in the PC game lots where they're trying to get rid of older PC games that take some doing to run (which if you have the tools and resources, you can still play these on Win 8).

VGOldSchool twitter - @VGOldSchool
    VGOldSchool facebook - TheVideoGameOldSchool
    VGOldSchool YouTube - VideoGameOldSchool
    VGOldSchool twitch.tv - vgoldschool

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    On every computer I have ever played Sim City games on, they have crashed out on me on numerous occasions. It's really frustrating. But yeah, definitely played 'em a lot. Is it just me they tend to bug out on? I dunno.
    I didn't have issues with the early titles on Mac but, Sim City 4 was horribly buggy and had a lot of performance issues.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Love SimCity. Played it a lot as a kid, and I go through fixations every few years. I find it more satisfying than The Sims.