Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are your favourite sports?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    Soccer's always been a part of American school sports, so of course people are playing it. I just don't see it overtaking any of the big three in regards to its spectator status. It's just usually no fun to watch, unless one has a strong cultural connection with it, and that's just not there in the U.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by more Wikipedia
    With an average attendance of over 18,000 per game, MLS has the third highest average attendance of any sports league in the U.S., and is the seventh highest attended professional soccer league worldwide.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I like how the thread got sidetracked because Mister Adequate found a hilarious tweet and decided to copy-paste it here. xD

edit: since it's already sidetracked: I think soccer is a pretty big deal here, it's just that American Football and the like are an even BIGGER deal.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    Soccer's always been a part of American school sports, so of course people are playing it. I just don't see it overtaking any of the big three in regards to its spectator status. It's just usually no fun to watch, unless one has a strong cultural connection with it, and that's just not there in the U.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by more Wikipedia
    With an average attendance of over 18,000 per game, MLS has the third highest average attendance of any sports league in the U.S., and is the seventh highest attended professional soccer league worldwide.
    I was referring to TV viewership. People will go to games even if they don't enjoy the sport. Maybe that's an American thing.

I could be wrong, I just don't see it catching up with the big three. Or in the U.S., the big four if you count NASCAR.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Playing: Basketball, swimming, track & field, field hockey, archery, lacrosse even though it's dangerous af
    To watch: Track & field, baseball, sometimes soccer, streetball