Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sports you've actually gone to see in person

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Football: Watched Man Utd a million times at Old Trafford, Wembley, Pride Park and lots of others

Baseball: Watched the Yankees twice at the old Yankee Stadium and once at Joe Robbie Stadium

Handegg: Watched Orlando Thunder

Ice Hockey: Manchester Storm/Phoenix

BasketBall: Manchester Giants

Cricket: England and Lancashire at Old Trafford Cricket Ground

WWF: Summerslam 92 at Wembley. Go Bulldog!

Blog Entries

aside from the professional games I've been to I've been to a few Boston College football games and Dartmouth football games. Also Dartmouth Hockey.

Probably the coolest sporting event I got to watch was the 2000 World Cup. While I wasn't in Japan or Korea watching it live I was in Europe at the time and got to watch the final in a packed square with big ass screens in Paris. That was friggin awesome. Something I've never seen in America.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Basketball: Bulls. One time. Old Chicago stadium.

Hockey: Blackhawks. Two times. United Center.

Baseball: Cubs. Small handful of times. Wrigley Field.
    White Sox. Many times. Twice in old Comiskey Park. Most in new Comiskey Park/U.S. Cellular Field

Football: Bears. Countless times. Old and Remodled Soldier Field. Parents have had season tickets since the late 80s.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Soccer/football is the sport I've experienced the most. My family always had season tickets to see the Kansas City Wizards. I've been to a few Sporting KC games as well since that became a thing. I've also been to a ton of indoor soccer with the Missouri Comets. My dad ended up somehow befriending the owner and the coaches of the Comets, and I just ended up befriending most of the team through that. Most of the people I knew have gone on to other teams or leagues now though. Nice side note, my grandparents and some other family members were friends with Pelé. One of my uncles actually dated the woman who would become Pelé's wife in high school, which is kind of weird. Not that that's related to anything here.

I've seen a little baseball as well. I went with my school a few times to see the Royals. Don't much care for watching baseball though.

I've also seen some roller derby as my sister is in the roller derby league here.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I've seen a handful of Wrestling shows. I saw RAW once up in the All State Arena.

I went to a few shows: Spring Stampede, a couple of house shows, a couple of Nitros & a Nitro/Thunder taping.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I'm not sure what all counts but I've seen,

Some feeder league baseball games (Greenville Braves)/boring.

College football/basketball/soccer = Clemson vs. whoever they're playing.

Professional football...maybe the Carolina Panthers once.

Professional basketball Charlotte Hornets once or twice.

Some archery tournaments, knife throwing tournaments, marial arts tournaments. Observed and participated.

Lots and lots of auto racing because I was there already for my own races.

Blog Entries

I've seen the Cincinnati Reds, the Bengals, and Titans.

And Nashville Sounds.

I'm dying to go to a hockey game, but the Preds aren't playing the Rangers here.

Oh. And WWE Monday Night Raw. Eh. I know it doesn't necessarily count as a sport, but whatever.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post

Football: Bears. Countless times. Old and Remodled Soldier Field. Parents have had season tickets since the late 80s.
    Can they/you adopt me plz thx?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post

Can they/you adopt me plz thx?
    If I were them I'd straight up give you the tickets and then wash or preferably burn any body part that came into contact with them, and that's coming from a Rams fan >.>

Blog Entries

Oh. I've been to a lot of small time dirt track races and one big drag racing event. Met Don Garlitz & got his autograph on a t shirt & he gave my brother a broken piston. I was really young though.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My brother dragged me along to see Wrestlmania once. The seats were crap though so I couldn't really see much.

My aunt took me to see the Yankee's minor league team, but never the Yankees despite having seasonal tickets. Pretty bummed about that because I would've liked to see Jeter play at some point now that's not gonna happen.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    My brother dragged me along to see Wrestlmania once. The seats were crap though so I couldn't really see much.

My aunt took me to see the Yankee's minor league team, but never the Yankees despite having seasonal tickets. Pretty bummed about that because I would've liked to see Jeter play at some point now that's not gonna happen.
    I wish Jeter didn't come across as such an arrogant douche outside of New York, b/c he was undoubtedly a great player. I got to see him play once a few years ago when NY came to Cinci. Full circle, Jeter was very nearly a Cincinnati Red. The Reds recruited him hard coming out of high school, but passed on him at the last second in favor of...some guy I can't even remember.

I'm glad the guy's finally gone from the game, to be honest. He was so ridiculously over-marketed it wasn't funny.

I'm glad I can say I got to see him play, though.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, Jeter was a legend. Only got to see him play the one time but it was awesome. It was A-Rod who came through that day though when we were 7-6 down to the Orioles in the bottom of the ninth. He walloped a walk-off grand slam to give us a 10-7 win.

I would love to say that I was there to witness this dramtic win but nooooooo My ex at the time was feeling a bit tender as we had been out for her birthday the night before. Anyway, around the seventh inning, she starts complaining that she's cold and she wants to back to the hotel. Me being the gentleman that I am (plus we were losing 7-2) agreed. We got back to the hotel just in time to see A-Rods grand slam on the TV in our room. I never forgave her for this.

Anyway, here is a picture I took that day. Not sure who is batting!

Pic 2.jpg