• Male

17 29.82%
  • I like to play both!

18 31.58%
  • I really don't care either way

4 7.02%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Male or Female?

I tend to just go with the first option they give me. I prefer having a definitive character that a customisable thing though.

Blog Entries

Pretty much exclusively female for everything from RPGs where you customise your protagonist to fighting games. It's really not often that I'll choose male characters for fighting games unless they're especially easy to pick up and play.

I'm weird like that.

If only robot was an option more often. I usually choose male unless they have no cute hair.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I think I usually go female. Sorceress and Elf in Dragon's Crown. I prefer Mint over Rue, I like Ramona the best out of all characters in Scott Pilgrim vs The World, and went with the mage in Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I gravitate towards the woman. All my best characters are women.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Men. Have you seen Male!Shep's ass? It is glorious.

I normally choose a male character. Especially in games like Skyrim and Oblivion. I just go with my own gender. Not that it matters...

As a guy, when given the choice I prefer to play as a female.
    I enjoy it when the lead character is a strong ass kicking woman, that always gets my attention - strong female lead characters. Also, if I am gonna spend 40+ hours with a character I would rather be looking at a female than male. If given the choice.

Blog Entries

Depends on the game and the way I want to play it. If I play a strong warrior, I'll pick a male. If I play a speed-based character or a rogue, I'll play a female. Diplomatic characters often depend more on the game, so it's either, but probably a female more often than not. Magic-based characters are the same, but leaning more towards male.

I have certain "character types" that I like, including the stoic male warrior and the emotionless female assassin. I just like to insert generic character ideas that I already relate with to make it easier for me to relate to the character I'm making. It somehow allows me to immerse myself in the game more, unless there are set decisions in the game that go against my idea of what the character would do or how they would act in a particular situation. If there's a "pick a side" decision and I don't know all the facts about the conflict or enough to make an informed decision on which side to choose, and my character is a diplomat or a people-pleaser, it irks me to no end that I can't pick the path that my character would actually choose.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้