Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hair envy

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    The type of brush you use matters too. Boar bristle will give you frizzies. A paddle brush may help you get more of the style you want. I like your hair.

I don't really have hair envy. My hair is nice enough and I don't do much to it. That's a win for me.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Blog Entries

I don't care about the hair on my head. I'd shave it off if my girlfriend would let me. But, I wish my beard would grow thicker

I just want my hair to lie straight instead of being all curly and crazy at the ends.

Here's the most recent reasonable-looking picture of me, in which I am surreptitiously flipping off my wife for beating me in Sequence:

Such depress many angry wow

Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    But, I wish my beard would grow thicker

Yes. This. My stupid beard, aside from the chin part, just refuses to be a real thing.

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by metagloria View Post
    I just want my hair to lie straight instead of being all curly and crazy at the ends.

Here's the most recent reasonable-looking picture of me, in which I am surreptitiously flipping off my wife for beating me in Sequence:

Such depress many angry wow

But, I wish my beard would grow thicker

Yes. This. My stupid beard, aside from the chin part, just refuses to be a real thing.
    I've got a super thick and dark neckbeard but my cheeks get lighter in color and less thick My mustache, goatee and sideburns all grow well but it's all the in betweens and cheeks that wont grow nicely. It used to grow in perfectly Joe Dirt style when I was in my early 20's.

I've got a super thick and dark neckbeard but my cheeks get lighter in color and less thick My mustache, goatee and sideburns all grow well but it's all the in betweens and cheeks that wont grow nicely. It used to grow in perfectly Joe Dirt style when I was in my early 20's.
    "Now, you're telling me you were so ingrained with white trash DNA, your facial hair actually grows in on its own all white trashy like that?" hehe

My beard grows pretty evenly except for a small patch under my chin. Damn annoying that lil patch is....

I'm actually really scared of my hair thinning in the front. My older brother has a pretty good widows peak goin on. And My younger brother's(by 1yr) hair has started to thin a bit too. I actually just cut mine pretty short today, just so i could compare my hairline to older pics. Didn't see anything different, but i know its coming...

(SPOILER)
    Snapshot 2 (1-12-2015 2-40 PM).png

spoiler is the pic is blurry. pity me.
    Last edited by Hannibal_Khan; 01-13-2015 at 12:06 AM.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

All you complaining about your hair woes have no idea how easy you have it. When you have to deal with black people hair then come talk to me. There are some days where my hair just decides to super Saiyan and there's nothing I can do about except put a hat on. The only plus to having super thick hair is being able to style it in to anything but even that is not without effort.

Since I don't relax/perm my hair, if it gets wet it turns in to a chia pet. I remember I was at a pool and my friends and bf were all shocked when my hair dried how poofy it was. It's like "duh guys I'm black".

For a hefty fee per week my hair stylist works her witchcraft magic with her deep conditioner and flat iron to make it presentable but I reallr envy people who can just step out the shower, air dry and have on point hair. I'm super lazy when it comes to my hair and really hate washing it myself as it's always a feat to then get it looking just okay.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    All you complaining about your hair woes have no idea how easy you have it. When you have to deal with black people hair then come talk to me. There are some days where my hair just decides to super Saiyan and there's nothing I can do about except put a hat on. The only plus to having super thick hair is being able to style it in to anything but even that is not without effort.

Since I don't relax/perm my hair, if it gets wet it turns in to a chia pet. I remember I was at a pool and my friends and bf were all shocked when my hair dried how poofy it was. It's like "duh guys I'm black".

For a hefty fee per week my hair stylist works her witchcraft magic with her deep conditioner and flat iron to make it presentable but I reallr envy people who can just step out the shower, air dry and have on point hair. I'm super lazy when it comes to my hair and really hate washing it myself as it's always a feat to then get it looking just okay.
    I love how black people think they're the only ones with hair that doesn't cooperate.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Following Shiny's post.

I have no personal experience obviously, but I find this phenomenon (and other ones like it in Korea or India for example) to be interesting/concerning.

Things like this help remind me that I'm pretty lucky to feel largely accepting of myself and my appearance.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love how black people think they're the only ones with hair that doesn't cooperate.
    I love how you think what I put means black people are the only ones with hair problems but not surprised as this isn't the first time you misinterpreted something.

Black hair is tougher to deal with than Caucasian hair. This does not mean that people with thinner hair don't have their slew of issues too but it's no where as near as hard to deal with unless you too have super thick and coarse hair. I'm okay with my natural hair and I don't believe in relaxing it, but I'm not okay with the time it takes for my hair to look not like a chia pet.

Also that article is a crock a trout. No one is paying $10,000 for a weave. The most they are is more likely around $500 which is also ridiculous. Some women I understand wear wigs or weaves because they have alpacea but a lot of them get it from damaging their hair over the years with chemicals and tight braids. Though I know they can go as low as $100 which is how much it cost me when I got one for prom. My hair in total costs me like $50 every other week for deep condition and styling. Trimming is like an extra $5 and it's usually a 2-3 hour process. ;__;

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Hey Shiny, wanna trade hair?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Hey Shiny, wanna trade hair?
    I would if you had any.

Unless you mean your beard. I always wanted one for like 1 day.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Also that article is a crock a trout. No one is paying $10,000 for a weave. The most they are is more likely around $500 which is also ridiculous. Some women I understand wear wigs or weaves because they have alpacea but a lot of them get it from damaging their hair over the years with chemicals and tight braids. Though I know they can go as low as $100 which is how much it cost me when I got one for prom. My hair in total costs me like $50 every other week for deep condition and styling. Trimming is like an extra $5 and it's usually a 2-3 hour process. ;__;
    Maybe I misread, but I thought that price was compounded over a year. I believed it because around the Atlanta area, which has a pretty good amount of wealth, I saw weaves priced at 700-900 regularly. I think that was the sew-in style with price of hair included. The fusion kind ( I don't even know how that works) was even more expensive, I think. Once I choked down all the blood I coughed up from seeing that, I also learned it was a monthly thing for some women (Seriously). I saw women discussing hair care costs on a regular basis, who it seemed pretty clear couldn't afford it, still trying to afford it.

Which is my basic point. The fact that they feel the need to relax their hair, or spend such a significant amount to do it is concerning. If they want to do it because they like the look, sure fine, but I think the real reason why they think they like that look is usually more insidious. Not always, but often.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've seen Good Hair, the documentary by Chris Rock and it touches perfectly on African American women's envy of Caucausion or Asian hair. Atlanta is pretty known for making millions of millions of dollars in the hair industry alone. There are some women I know that actual travel to India and get their own hair and sell it. Most women don't get their weaves put in every month -- that makes no sense as weaves can last up to 4 months and if you're paying $500-$600 it's definitely more cost effective to leave it in for 4 months, which most people who have weaves do.