Thread: Elastic Heart Video

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Elastic Heart Video

Has anyone else watched Sia's new video for Elastic Heart?

It has Maddie from the Chandelier video and Shia LeBeouf. I love it so much.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This video is so ridiculous.

1. Isn't she like 13? Innappropiate
    2. If she could get out the entire time then why didn't she just do it before? I think I get the symbolism here but I still find it annoying and ridiculous. Basically her love is always changing and she wants to be chased. Weird considering going back to #1. Man is being toyed with in a relationship that is very much a prison that they both want out of until she realizes she likes him pulling her back and keeps going back to it. Interesting concept but yeah...creepy.
    3. Interpretative dance is ridiculous especially with pretentious Shia will always be ridiculous.

Still, the video was engaging. Song was okay. Song should be called elastic face because those faces Shia was pulling. Dayum

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I saw it as the adult wrestling with the inner child. The person seemed to know how to be a child and who they were then, but now that they're an adult they don't know how to be themselves, and be comfortable being who they are openly. They're also resisting acting the way they did as a child, and their inner child resents being trapped.

I interpreted it as the inner child being able to easily come and go, where as the actual adult feels permanently trapped inside themselves, and not able to find who they are or aren't comfortable letting it out into the world. Considering the actors, I also linked the struggle with perhaps a change in gender identification.

Considering the song is called Elastic Heart, I'm probably way wrong, but that's why art is fun. Everyone gets something different.
    Last edited by sharkythesharkdogg; 01-08-2015 at 05:40 PM. Reason: typo

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Apparently it's two different sides of Sia herself - Shia is her alcohol addiction and Maddie is the side that wants to be free.

I saw it more like a father playing with his daughter though, and his age restricts him. I didn't find it creepy, and I thought Shia was amazing. (And I also really fancy him in this video.)

It's not the best Shia music video though...

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yah I saw it as her father. And he had issues and she got out if the cage but at the end you can see where she is trying to pull him out too but can't, he's too far gone.

I don't find it sexual at all. So not inappropriate to me.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He's not old enough to be her daddy. Even with the beard he still looks 21. Though tbh, he can get it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

No, can't say that I have. I don't venture into Vevo all that often. Maybe once or twice. That's it.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I change my mind. I like this video now, especially if the idea that they're actually playing as werewolves is true. That may ave been what they were told to play as, but I see it as two different people trying to escape whatever is they're trying to escape whether it be depression, alcoholism, etc. According to Sia though both of them represent her in separate "states" fighting with each other.