Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do we let Square know we want more PC/Steam releases?

Dancing Chocobo How do we let Square know we want more PC/Steam releases?

I don't know about the rest of you. But I am for the most part speaking for myself and others who enjoy pc gaming.
    When final fantasy 7 was released for pc I was so happy I could play it on pc without having to buy a ps3 and hunt down a copy.
    When they released final fantasy 8 I was ecstatic.
    When 3 and 4, 13, and 13-2 were released I was overjoyed.

There seems to be a trend here and those of you who enjoy playing older square titles on pc/steam platform might also be wanting for more square titles to be released on pc/steam.

I would Love to see 6, 9, 10 HD 10-2, and 12 released on steam/pc.

So how do we get square to hear our voice? besides obviously supporting the titles released on steam?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Spam their twitters with it, both the english one and the japanose one
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

You'd think just buying the FF titles that do come out on Steam would be enough. Money talks and all that. Then again it is Square Enix we're talking about. I second Mirage's suggestion.

Only if you're Japanese :]

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Buy several thousand copies of each game they have release on PC? Sorry to say in this arena money is the only thing that talks. Everything else is just people making vague promises of more money to come.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i kind of dont

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

They won't listen to anything we say but I'm really only posting to cancel out krissy's post by saying that yes, we need and want more Steam releases

Especially FFX HD (It won't happen but I can dream)

The only reliable way is to support the games already there. That is the only metric they will care about. If their community manager sends out a report that says "Over 10 BILLION people have asked us to release more Steam games" the execs will then turn to their distribution manager and ask her how many copies of XIII and XIII-2 sold on Steam. If that number isn't high enough they'll say to the community manager: "Why would we do what these ten billion people say when they don't buy what's already there?"

Unfortunately it's a tricky one. I want to buy and support the games, because I want them to release more games. But I don't want to buy the games because the ports are utterly horrendous​. Bit of a catch-22 really.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Even old school console jockeys like myself would benefit from this as the added exposure and sales would result in more titles being brought over to our shores.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

FFXIV Character

Kai Windflower (Sargatanas)

I seriously believe that Square-Enix will be the first company to make the video game equivalent of "Now That's What I Call Music" CDs.

Fox brings up a valid point, but it reminds me of the Jimquisition video Psychotic posted in the Cid thread talking about how boycotting only hurts the developers and is counter-productive to the message you want to send, but buying the games and throwing a troutstorm tantrum over what you bought can actually change things. So, sadly, we do have to buy PC FFXIII.... and immediately throw a fit about how garbage it is, and how all the other games should be on there. Pretty ridiculous really..

Articles
    Blog Entries

I think buying the games will say a lot, because we've had a number of incredibly vocal gaming campaigns on social media which, when the time came to step up, never actually bought the games they were were so passionate about.

That said, I personally wish Square would bring more to PS4 and and Vita before doubling down on PC.

I want more console titles :S But I prefer PC/steam titles compared to mobile/smartphone apps

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

compilation of final fantasy V: the galuf chronicles. super new game confirmed by SE. released june 1980. cant wait till it comes to steam

Yes, please.........

I'll totally support it!!!

Especially the upcoming Final Fantasy titles

If they really put some, I'll be very very happytumblr_lcrhfyMWdL1qdy1k6o1_500.gif

For the way, I'm gonna sign every single petition for Square Enix to release more Steam or PC release.
    Ready to sign the petition
    After the petition signed

But this is my opinion
    Last edited by DanielCLFFF13; 01-20-2015 at 12:32 AM.