Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your first mobile phone!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Your first mobile phone!

It's interesting seeing everyone's current mobile phone but which one was your first?

My first one was a Trium and it was spectacular. You could call, text, find out the time and date...

Pic 1.jpg

Unfortunately, my Trium suffered a stroke in later life and became paralysed down one side. On the plus side, the Call button worked so I could ring people. On the down side, the Cancel Call button didn't work meaning I would connect to people's answer phones for hours on end.

It died unceremoniously when I smashed it into the floor in the centre of Oldham.

So come on, lets see yours.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

When I was 11 I got my first phone. It was this bad boy

I had a tonne of cases you could switch over it, and you could compose your own ringtone... and of course.... SNAKE.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

It was this, same color too (forgive the Instagram filters, this is the only picture I could find of this color):

8362689864_da74deae4e_z.jpg

I was 19 or 20 because I'm an old fart and this type of cell phone didn't exist until I was about that age.

I also rarely used it. My university group project partners would always get down on me because they could never contact me, since I never turned it on.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    It's interesting seeing everyone's current mobile phone but which one was your first?

My first one was a Trium and it was spectacular. You could call, text, find out the time and date...

Pic 1.jpg

Unfortunately, my Trium suffered a stroke in later life and became paralysed down one side. On the plus side, the Call button worked so I could ring people. On the down side, the Cancel Call button didn't work meaning I would connect to people's answer phones for hours on end.

It died unceremoniously when I smashed it into the floor in the centre of Oldham.

So come on, lets see yours.
    That's mine too! The Trium Mars. You could take off a bit of the plastic cover (the black bit surrounding the numbers in that photo) and I had fancy red, purple and yellow ones to replace it with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockharted View Post
    When I was 11 I got my first phone. It was this bad boy

I had a tonne of cases you could switch over it, and you could compose your own ringtone... and of course.... SNAKE.
    And there's my second phone.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Check out this sleek design, witches.
    nokia-3210.jpg

Available in lots of awesome colors too!
    3210_1.jpg

Both front and back covers were fully user replaceable, and tons of third party covers existed. Even ones that made your phone look like a slide phone.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pikey, that was the very first cell phone my parents had!

The very first phone I purchased for myself was an LG Something with Cricket when I was sixteen? fifteen? I forget.

Blog Entries

I have no idea what my first phone was.

It was some kind of flip phone with the caller ID on the face and it changed colors when someone called.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Oh pike, is that the 5110 or a similar but different model?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

It's been so long that I honestly don't remember the model.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I got my first phone on my 14th birthday, which is pretty late considering that was, what, 2008-ish?

It was a very brick like phone. After a few months, my older brother appropriated it from me and I was phoneless for another few months until I was given another very basic phone, but it did flip up! I had that for another few years until last year, when I was given a moderately okay touchscreen phone, the Sony Experia E. It's sometimes laggy and slow, but it's good enough.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Samsung Tracfone. If there was a phone before this it was only slightly different.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't remember but I remember the second one I got was a Razr.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ippin01.jpg

That was my very first Mobile Phone. I can't remember much about it aside from it was god awful and was built like a literal house brick. I seriously could throw that at the wall and have to worry about the wall more than the phone! It had the most god awful keys to use and could only text on a single line, so it was a bit like writing in Notepad with word wrap off!

9rch-800.jpg

That was my second, the classic 5110 the phone which sparked a teenage love affair with all phones Nokia! I swiftly moved from that to the venerable 3210, the indestructible 3410 and when my brother got a new phone, the 3510 too. The 3510 broke, leaving me using the 3410 again. Ironically the 3410 did break (screen popped) when I was in a club during my college years. I'm still yet to find a girl who could squeeze as hard as Michelle could.

414X4P7814L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Sony W300 series Walkman phone. I had the white whose official designation was the W518a It too had some god awful keys (they were layered like fish scales or roof tiles) however, it was also god damn indestructible. I have it still floating around somewhere and am fairly certain it'd work if I absolutely needed a phone for a short period of time.

Since then I've been using Samsung's Galaxy series culminating in my current S5.

I honestly can't remember what my first phone was. Some sort of Nokia probably.

The first significant phone that I bought with my own money was the Sony Ericsson F500i -
    (SPOILER)

I've never been the kind of person to need the latest phone ASAP, and always go pay-as-you go, I just wanted a phone that would last me a while. Since this one did, I stuck with Sony Ericsson for my second, this time the k800i -
    (SPOILER)

Then my third and final Sony Ericsson, the Xperia. My favourite one due to the keypad -
    (SPOILER)

Sadly, by the time I wanted to get my current phone, the Sony Ericsson had become defunct, so I went for the next closest thing, which is the Sony Xperia E3. Perfectly happy with it, hope it lasts me at least a couple of years.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

God, I asked for your first phone... not your smurfing life stories. Jeeeeeeez.