Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 7 FF games!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Boco Top 9 FF games ( SPOILERS)

im just going to jump on this Bandwagon before its too late ok. so yeah.
    its a top 7 since i only played like 8 ff games.

And please write any comments you wish have a nice day and ill post the first one here now.

Final Fantasy 1

i only played GBA version so oppinions may be invalid to the other versions.

I think this was a cool game with some fun cusomization. but my biggest problem is: Its a guide game. for half the game you can talk to this dancing girl in cornelia to find out sort of where to go but eventually she stops telling you and your left alone. The fact i didnt know where to go made me overlevel and make the game too easy.

In other aspects. its job system was cool especially when you get to upgrade the classes. There was some secret stuff that became staples in the franchise. E.G. Adamantite and masamune

The story, while almost non existent, is OK the small bit of story that is there is decent i guess but time travel alwasy ends up with plot holes so yeah.

all in all i say this game is pretty good but really hard if you do not have a guide.
    Last edited by Galuf; 01-10-2015 at 07:23 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Good choice. I like Final Fantasy I. First played it on the PlayStation through Origins. Recently got my hands on the original NES copy that I plan to review somewhere down the line. My original FF list has I rated as my 5th best Final Fantasy game.

Looking forward to seeing what the other games on your list will be.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

well. thank you ToriJ ill just upload the next one now ok.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Final Fantasy XIII ( trilogy)

Now this is a weird one. i always seem to like this game when i play it however when i move onto other FF games this one is seen as pretty boring. anyways

The story: uh you fight against godly things as you fail to unravel the plot.
    then lightnings Sister turns out to be a seeress and saw the future. woops she is now a dead.
    Out of nowhere a new god appears Hope is young again and you decide to walk around with basicly no plot and then fight the new god.

these games story is so stupid i dont even care. however one thing that improves s the gameplay. most people seem to say the original FF XIII is just spamming A/X. however if you take time to manually input commands instead of auto batlle the ATB fills up faster. also paradigms are cool.
    XIII-2 battle system is pretty much the same as FF XIII but you recruit monsters aswell.
    LR XIII is different. you choose schemata ( clothes with your abilities on it) and you choose 3. all 3 have there own ATB gauge and basicly you can have multiple Paradigm classses in one Schemata E.G. sentinel commando.

now the verdict.
    these games are underrated but as FF games im not too fond of them however i had a fun time and they sometimes proved to be a challenge

Articles
    Blog Entries

Annnnd just like that you lost me.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    have you played xiiii?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntace101 View Post
    have you played xiiii?
    Unfortunately.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntace101 View Post
    have you played xiiii?
    Unfortunately.
    well i find XIII a hard game to describe so uh yeah

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

uh oh. just saying i made a typoe i meant top 8 ff games not 7 XD

Lol How do you go from I to XIII?!! XIII was frustrating.... I tried to play all the way through several times but just couldn't do it.

Wait, is this worst to best, or best to worst?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal_Khan View Post
    Lol How do you go from I to XIII?!! XIII was frustrating.... I tried to play all the way through several times but just couldn't do it.

Wait, is this worst to best, or best to worst?
    worst to best. lol starting with my favourite removes suspense

Articles
    Blog Entries

XIII should be lower on the list, then

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Final Fantasy VIII

Ugh not this game...

ok well this game keeps going up and down my list but ultimately its never too high anyway.

Story: squall meets up with his pals to fight an army. they become special agents tasked with killing the overpowered sorceress Edea. they go on a train and take an involuntary nap. they dream about Laguna and his buddies, Kiros and Ward. while they escape a forest place and have a few pints at the bar. after waking up squall and co. go and meet this girl called rhino er... i mean rinoa who is going to be squalls girlfriend later. they jump over trains and fihgt a zombie guy. eventually after some stuff happen they eventually confornt edea and squall dies. The end. wait no it aint. anyway. they wake up in a prison do stuff blah blah missiles blow up a girls home. squalls home turns into a moving fortress. they go to girls home and find out they lost their memory because they used too much summons. they find out they all so magicly happened to come from the same orphanage except rinoa. they fight edea again win and edea is revealed to be possesed by a madwoman who pronounces "C" to hard. rinoa is possesed but unknown to everyone else of course. they find an invisible village do stuff go into space. fight a woman on steroids go into the future and fight ultimecia. after that weird ending takes place as squall truly dies. that last bit is a theory.

pheww i had to shorten that one.

Gameplay. uh oh a new form of grinding has appeared. now we have to steal enemies magic and put it on ourselves to increase our stats. only problem is the good magic gets best stats but if you use the magic the stats go down. this is not helped when the final bosses can blow all of a certain magic away instantly.
    to upgrade weapons you need some materials or something.
    and you learn abilities with the summon you have equipped.

Music: great music but i only truly like a few tracks from here but its not bad ost.

verdict: its a game where some people like some people hate. the story is great except the orphanage bit and the characters are alright. junctioning can be very annoying but its not too bad. basiclly just try it if you feel like a change or something.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

XIII should be lower on the list, then
    out of the 8 im putting on here its 2nd worst it can only be put down one place.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFVIII is awesome. It's always been in my top five, even now after replaying some of the mainline FF games. GO SHIVA! Diamond Dust those bitches!