Thread: Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

We need another one of these, and I know the perfect way to get the ball rolling:

Sting is in WWE! Sting has debut in WWE! History has been made! God, I wish Jim Ross was still doing commentary, it would have been so epic. I also wish they had used the Crow theme from WCW. Oh well.

Talk about wrestling stuff!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I was a big fan of WWE back in the silver age of Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Macho Man and the rest. Then I could not get enough of the Attitude Era and the Monday Night War. I pretty much stopped watching when they split the rosters. The lack of a big competitor caused a downgrade in quality.

Pretty cool that Sting finally made an appearance.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

It has. I was actually pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed last Monday's RAW. The show has gotten more watchable since the last time I tuned in.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Also why did they change Sting's theme song? That was probably the best thing about him.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't know. Could have been his decision for all we know. Sting has had several themes throughout his career.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

i'm pretty sure I did something similar the last time we had one of these threads, but Del you should definitely get ahold of the most recent survivor series if you can. the whole show was kind of a dud but the main event traditional survivor series match was an absolute belter. properly took me back to being a 13 year old believer again, I bought into it hook line and sinker. also NXT R-Evolution was an awesome show with all the newer guys who are going to be awesome. Lots of smaller, classy workers. Quite reminiscent of the WCW mid card of the monday night wars with the heroes like Y2J, Eddie Guerrero, Malenko, Ray Mysterio etc etc.

Last time I got into it was during the summer of Punk, that was awesome, went off it a bit after that but recently got a new co-worker who is a full on mental wrestling fan so I've been tuning in here and there to catch those shows. NXT seems awesome, main roster is pretty paff though.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Used to love Sting and that crow theme. Good to see him still knocking about!

I don't really follow it a great deal but every now and then I'll have a look to see what is happening with it. I liked the Wyatt Family and their insane rambling promos, and it's a shame they broke them up. It was sort of like an updated modern Undertaker and it was great. Oh and anyone that doesn't like YES! YES! YES! has a problem.

Anyone watch Wrestle Kingdom 9 and go nuts when hearing the name of Kenny Omega's finisher?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Used to love Sting and that crow theme. Good to see him still knocking about!

I don't really follow it a great deal but every now and then I'll have a look to see what is happening with it. I liked the Wyatt Family and their insane rambling promos, and it's a shame they broke them up. It was sort of like an updated modern Undertaker and it was great. Oh and anyone that doesn't like YES! YES! YES! has a problem.
    They broke the Shield up, too. Though I think the Shield members are doing pretty good on their own. Don't know about the Wyatt Family.

But WWE has a history of breaking up tag teams and stables. The bastards.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Two words: Royal Rumble

Articles
    Blog Entries

Sting made another surprise appearance on RAW last Monday night: